2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2019, 12:13 AM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Heyyyyyyyy, Merc. Good to hear from you.

I seafoamed mine yesterday hoping to bring up the mpg some. Otherwise, she's still cruising along. But front brakes are on the list.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:09 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Good to see you as well HeyYou. Yep been a long while, been a crazy past 3 years lol.

Why yes she is lol and it's a 8' door. I'm not into changing a tranny in the snow thanks lol so lil 245/75/whatever rollers to get it in. You still have your truck?
Sold the 96, and bought a 98 with the V-10 and auto trans. (still 4x4) I like everything about the truck, except it's appetite for gasoline. (which I knew was going to be bad when I bought it.... but, don't drive a lot, so, not too much of an issue.) I am lucky if I break into double digits.

Old 12-05-2019, 07:24 PM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
...V10... I like everything about the truck, except it's appetite for gasoline. (which I knew was going to be bad when I bought it.... but, don't drive a lot, so, not too much of an issue.) I am lucky if I break into double digits.
Yup... but they are consistent... you get the same empty on the flat, or overloaded accelerating up a steep hill

Old 12-05-2019, 07:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Spillage
Yup... but they are consistent... you get the same empty on the flat, or overloaded up a steep hill
There is that.

I think I managed to average 12 on a long trip, but, not on freeway.

Old 12-06-2019, 10:34 AM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Heyyyyyyyy, Merc. Good to hear from you.

I seafoamed mine yesterday hoping to bring up the mpg some. Otherwise, she's still cruising along. But front brakes are on the list.
Good to see your still hanging here. Trucks looking good.

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Sold the 96, and bought a 98 with the V-10 and auto trans. (still 4x4) I like everything about the truck, except it's appetite for gasoline. (which I knew was going to be bad when I bought it.... but, don't drive a lot, so, not too much of an issue.) I am lucky if I break into double digits.
98 V10 eh nice. V10 stick is my plan's but not till spring. V8 just is not cutting it anymore.

As for what am I doing to it today, picking up a 46re core, and pulling most of the sound system for fab work.

HeyYou still got your dog's?

Old 12-07-2019, 08:01 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by merc225hp
Good to see your still hanging here. Trucks looking good.

98 V10 eh nice. V10 stick is my plan's but not till spring. V8 just is not cutting it anymore.

As for what am I doing to it today, picking up a 46re core, and pulling most of the sound system for fab work.

HeyYou still got your dog's?
Oh yeah. They are getting up there in age, but, still goin'.

Old 12-08-2019, 07:15 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Recently Installed another re manufactured steering box. Installed a new ultra power steering shaft from rockatuo for 50 bucks. Really tightened up the steering.

Truck runs great but burns about as much oil as it does gas. Oh well, great fire wood truck, Havent had to do much work work on the old gal for the last few years.

Also recently put a clutch in my dads 01 1500 with the nv3500.

Off topic, but bought an 81 W250 318 w/ np435 last year. Wanting to do a magnum swap.

Old 01-05-2020, 11:26 AM
Spillage
Record Breaker
Received 68 Likes on 66 Posts

Just ordered a bunch of parts to rebuild the heater-A/C box.
I’ll be ordering a new dash shortly.
Then in a few weeks I’ll get a double DIN radio... may as well do everything while the dash is out.
I figured this is going to be the best time of year to be without A/C ;-)

Old 01-07-2020, 10:01 PM
Ramman18
Champion
Received 108 Likes on 93 Posts

Holy cow. Just got done with a major brake job.

I've been needing new discs and pads for awhile so I figured I'd tackle it as long as I'm on vacation. Well, got the calipers off and realized they were frozen. Again. These were only three years old. Thanks napa.

So then I decided might as well get the 2500 calipers. Then I might as well flush the system with nice fresh fluid. Then the rear bleeder broke off. Great. Let's add cylinders to the mix.

They weren't bad as they were replaced about 5 years ago. Off to the store a third time. Finally got everything together and bled. Started up and the rear right cylinder is squirting fluid all over the drum. Great. Thanks napa. Back to store but napa didn't have any more cylinders. Off to Oreilly's for one of theirs. Get to tear apart the drums again.

All back together and finally it works. Ended up using about 3 liters of brake fluid, flushing and bleeding several times. Half of it is on the garage floor. Started up and the codes went away and did a test drive for seating front brakes. Everything seems to work.

It still clunks when braking in reverse. Don't know what that is. Suspension bushings? Slack in trans? Oh, well. I'm sick of smelling like brake fluid and brake cleaner. But should have no problems for a few years.

Old 01-07-2020, 10:25 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Did you upgrade the rear cylinders as well? How do your brakes feel now?

Clunk may be some bushings somewhere. Does it only do it when braking in reverse?

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?