2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 11:29 AM
big.red.ram
Captain
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
i decided to go with smaller lights. and i put them on a toggle switch. the only time i need them is when there isn't any light behind the truck at all or when someone is tailgating me, which hasn't happened since i put the lights on the truck.

and i'm the one that mentioned skid plates for them. i was going to make them while i was at the shop boring out my spare throttle body but i had to get home after the throttle body got done. i will make them but i'm not sure when.
ha i just used them last night actually for the tailgating reason. guy was so far in my butt that i couldnt see his headlights in my rear view mirror. so i let him have it lol. keep them on for about 30 seconds and flipped them off lol. he backed off awful quick after that lol

Old 11-24-2009, 11:30 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

i decided to go with smaller lights. and i put them on a toggle switch. the only time i need them is when there isn't any light behind the truck at all or when someone is tailgating me, which hasn't happened since i put the lights on the truck.

and i'm the one that mentioned skid plates for them. i was going to make them while i was at the shop boring out my spare throttle body but i had to get home after the throttle body got done. i will make them but i'm not sure when.
Hey your ***** are showing

Old 11-24-2009, 11:45 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

it should just take a 1 second flip on, flip off to get someone to back off. i know mine will hurt your eyes if you get down to ricer level and look at them.

and bluebeast, i know. probably should have put a nsfw tag on the post.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:15 PM
big.red.ram
Captain

ya a couple seconds would prolly have worked. but i just wanted to get my point across haha

Old 11-24-2009, 12:25 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i don't blame ya. i can't stand a tailgater.
i've been known to slow down considerably when somone runs up on me.
a brake check always works too.

a friend of mine has been known to stop in the middle of the road in that situation (slowly, not like a brake check), then take off again as if he had just come to a stop sign.

Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
big.red.ram
Captain

lol that would be pretty funny. and ya i was heading out of town and they were ridin my butt all threw town so once we got out of the main part of down the speed limit went from 30 to 40 then on to 50 and i stayed at 30 all the way untill i had to turn into my drive. and its a no passing zone so they couldnt pass me either haha

Old 11-24-2009, 12:30 PM
95MaroonMonster
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thats the same setup i have on the camaro. it sounded like a stock car with just a straight pipe so i had to put a glass pack on. mean idle and deep tone when i get on it.

i always had the glasspack, but the cat was rattling real bad, deleted it and now it sounds so much better, once i hit about 2300 rpm it gets that classic glasspack snap that wasn't there when the cat was in place

when i pulled the cat, i found out why it was rattling, the internals had fallen apart and were loose (small chunks fell out when i dropped it

Old 11-24-2009, 01:42 PM
bigtman07
Captain

I put my hard cover back on for the winter season. Hate being the only one with a 4wd truck. Shopping after thanksgiving ugh. oh well time with the female part of the family and free gas. so I guess its ok.

Old 11-24-2009, 01:46 PM
TimSully88
Professional
Default The usual things...

Needed an earl change real bad. Went round two with the Royal Purple and a Napa Gold Filter. Reconditioned the K&N Intake Filter and called it a day.

While crawling under the b*tch, noticed the rockers are going to need some serious attention in the near future. It's not terrible yet, but i'm sure the New England weather will do her proper.

Old 11-24-2009, 02:59 PM
rideordie
Veteran

i don't blame ya. i can't stand a tailgater.
i've been known to slow down considerably when somone runs up on me.
a brake check always works too.

a friend of mine has been known to stop in the middle of the road in that situation (slowly, not like a brake check), then take off again as if he had just come to a stop sign.
Haha I do that nearly every time. Back roads are the best...

I CANT STAND tailgaters. They **** me off.

Back on topic..I gave my baby a bath today. I am waiting on my Haynes manual and NTK o2 sensor (hopefully fits right!) in the mail.

I bought tune-up stuff the other day as well as oil/filter for my next change. Will prob put that on as well. And I need to look into the Hughes plenum plate as well. I think mine is bad. $$$ lol

EDIT: What do you guys think of this brushguard? Good deal? Idk the brand. http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/pts/1478181006.html

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?