2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 04:03 PM
IVBYIV
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tag lights

I repaired my tag lights. They have not worked in years. The design falls apart after a few years due to the rubber seal around the bulb holder falling apart. One light even got wet and burned the light over melting it. I went to a local junk yard and bought two of the jumpers and one of them was cracked but I still took it. I coated the area with rubber gasket sealer in hopes that will keep it from leaking. And removing the old bulbs is a task in it's self. Other than busting the bulb and gripping it with needle nose there is only one way to remove them that I could find. Place the needle nose on the side of the bulb and use the bulb holder as leverage and pry it up slowly. what a pain in the . But its done. I also soaked all my springs, bushings and other bouncy things under the truck to make sure I stopped that aggravating squeeking when ever I went over a bumb. Sounded like a two horse wagon. All good now.

Old 05-24-2010, 05:29 PM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

You can buy them bulb/harness deals at the dealer. I forget what they charged me though. Makes it simple

Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 PM
004x41500
Record Breaker
Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i didnt do much, though i got a $1300 check in the mail today to repair the damage on my truck. though im still trying to figure otu if their gonna accept responsibility of the trans...

Old 05-24-2010, 08:28 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IVBYIV
I repaired my tag lights. They have not worked in years. The design falls apart after a few years due to the rubber seal around the bulb holder falling apart. One light even got wet and burned the light over melting it. I went to a local junk yard and bought two of the jumpers and one of them was cracked but I still took it. I coated the area with rubber gasket sealer in hopes that will keep it from leaking. And removing the old bulbs is a task in it's self. Other than busting the bulb and gripping it with needle nose there is only one way to remove them that I could find. Place the needle nose on the side of the bulb and use the bulb holder as leverage and pry it up slowly. what a pain in the . But its done. I also soaked all my springs, bushings and other bouncy things under the truck to make sure I stopped that aggravating squeeking when ever I went over a bumb. Sounded like a two horse wagon. All good now.

You can get them from rockauto for less than $20 for both, I have to replace mine too but I sticking to my easy fix of duct tape the first one I taped has held up for a year and just did the other one less than a week ago

Old 05-24-2010, 09:01 PM
canada_rokzz
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Got my rear diff installed! Also got Chevy 1 ton wheel cylinders (asked for 1995 Chevy 3500, 5.7l, 2wd Single Rear Wheel) new shoes and new drums set up for a slight drag, painted my diff cover bright green, and am now ready to install the hard brake lines and start bleeding!

Long a$$ weekend in the garage. I bet I spent 24 hours in the garage this weekend. Just glad I am finally starting to make some progress!

Old 05-24-2010, 09:58 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Got my toolbox out of it so I could get that exhaust manifold off the Camaro to remove the decapitated bolts.
Every time I work on the Camaro or my moms Buick it makes me realize how good we have it when it comes to maintenance on our trucks. Those cars are too cramped in the engine bay.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:09 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Saw a black Sport Off Road edition with a big orange stripe across the rear and some ugly half cap. Guess what color his grille was?

Old 05-24-2010, 10:12 PM
IVBYIV

I was afraid to go see the dealer thinking the price would be high. The junk yard was not low, they charged me $20 for the guy to take them both off.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:23 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by IVBYIV
I was afraid to go see the dealer thinking the price would be high. The junk yard was not low, they charged me $20 for the guy to take them both off.
Never be afraid to ask or go to the dealer.

Old 05-24-2010, 10:32 PM
IVBYIV

Most of the time its a wasted trip though. I went once to get some door panel snaps. They asked me how many I wanted and I said give me ten. The guy said they are $3 a piece. I thought I would blow my top, I said these things can't cost more than about 5 cents to make so the he started blowing smoke up my rear then and said "oh now sir, these things cost more than you may think to make." I told the guy I don't understand how they stay in business and told him I would never come back for another part from the dealer again. I went to Autozone and just asked them if they had any of the plastic snaps and he handed me a bag of 30 and it was less than five dollars. The exact same snap as the broke one I had from my door. Waste of time to drive to the dealer in my view when I have a junk yard with several dodges like mine.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?