2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2010, 10:51 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I called the dealer about those door clips and when he said 3.50 I asked how many you get for 3.50, he said one. I laughed and hung up.
I got on ebay and got 2 25 packs for a ford for 5$ each.
Then later on I found clipsandfasteners.com where you can get the correct clips for 10$ for 50.

Old 05-25-2010, 06:06 AM
Formosa Joe
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtman07
Ditto Sheriff.

For me i installed my leveling kit and changed cap and rotor trying to get rid of my cylinder 7 misfire. Still didn't work btw. So any ideas on what would make it misfire on only one cylinder. I replaced all the ignition parts so now I dunno what it could be. Last resort is injectors. So any ideas.
I had the same problem with my '95. Replaced the injector and solved the problem.

Good Luck

Old 05-25-2010, 11:38 AM
bigtman07
Captain

Well the truck threw me a curve ball. I moved the injectors around 5 to 7 to be exact. and replaced the TPS cause it was apparently broke and I didn't know it. Truck seems to be fixed but we'll see how it runs this week. I love my new lights and leveling kit. Truck is really starting to take shape.

Old 05-25-2010, 12:00 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Handed the keys to my fiance so I can test drive the Buick we just bought. She said it's shaking real bad at about 45-50 mph. Signed up on Buickforum.com. I don't think anyone uses it. Ah well. Any Buick guys out there with some tech info pm me. Thanks!

Old 05-25-2010, 02:13 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Handed the keys to my fiance so I can test drive the Buick we just bought. She said it's shaking real bad at about 45-50 mph. Signed up on Buickforum.com. I don't think anyone uses it. Ah well. Any Buick guys out there with some tech info pm me. Thanks!
Do you feel the shake thru the seat, or the steering wheel?

First thing I would do is rotate the tires, and see if the vibration changes. Might be as simple as a wheel balance problem.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:33 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Called the stealer about the license plate light pigtails and they told me 33.50 each. I said, "I don't need them that bad" and hung up.

Old 05-25-2010, 02:46 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Well, what kind of Buick is it? You could probably join a Pontiac, Chevy, or oldsmobile forum. Badge Engineering is bittersweet.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:42 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Do you feel the shake thru the seat, or the steering wheel?

First thing I would do is rotate the tires, and see if the vibration changes. Might be as simple as a wheel balance problem.
It's more in the seat but all of the tires are brand new. I am being told they have to be balanced by some special balancing equipment... DUNNO. As I was driving, it seems to have a small wobble while turning too.... DUNNO..

This is why I'm a Dodge guy.

Found a new site called buickforums.com Waiting for a responce from a tech.

Old 05-25-2010, 08:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

On the car balancer? I don't know of any GM products that require it...... sure, you get a nice blanced rotating mass there.... (including all the other fun parts that move) but, required?? I don't think so.

If you feel the vibration thru the seat, but also a wobble when turning, there is more than one problem there.

If the tires are brand new..... I would still check 'em. Might have tossed a wheel weight, separated a belt, bulge in the sidewall, any number of things.

Just because they are new, do not exclude them from troubleshooting.

Old 05-25-2010, 09:06 PM
tuski
Professional

This is the thread where you post what you did... Well i finished putting a new fuel pump in this beast, and cleaned my IAC port and now its running great (except for bad front U joints) so that will be my next project.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?