2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2010, 05:50 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Put the transfer case back in and just as I got the last bolt tight it started raining.
I still need to fill it up and put about 1/2 quart in the transmission.

I also found out how anaerobic sealant (Loctite 518) works today. It requires a lack of air for it to cure and that's why MonteC likes it so much. So when you use it between two machined surfaces it will cure and make for a better seal than RTV. I was wondering this morning why the stuff that squished out was still tacky after sitting all night and I had to google it.

Old 05-30-2010, 01:42 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Used it to go pick up the future heart of my Mustang a 94 351W. It's getting totally rebuilt will all the goodies

Name:  IMG_1607.jpg
Views: 32
Size:  139.6 KB

Old 05-30-2010, 04:32 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

God damn Bluebeast2, just ploping new motors into everything aren't ya? lol

Was getting set up to do my planned memorial weekend upgrades but noticed I was ready as I don't have everything i need yet. So the upgrades are on hold again until I have the money to guy everything else I need plus some extra stuff I might as well replace while I have parts off that make things easier. I'm going to find out tuesday when the I can take some time off from work and I'll use that time to break the truck down for more things then originally planned.

Old 05-30-2010, 09:26 AM
BlueBeast2
Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Eric99ram
God damn Bluebeast2, just ploping new motors into everything aren't ya? lol

Was getting set up to do my planned memorial weekend upgrades but noticed I was ready as I don't have everything i need yet. So the upgrades are on hold again until I have the money to guy everything else I need plus some extra stuff I might as well replace while I have parts off that make things easier. I'm going to find out tuesday when the I can take some time off from work and I'll use that time to break the truck down for more things then originally planned.
if you search me on here or whatever I have a thread in the of section. It has pics and plans and all that.

BUT.... my car has sat for about 4 years. I never had the money to fix it, then the truck repair started. The truck wasn't supposed to be an all out rebuild mod fest lol. In the end though I'm glad I was able to do everything I did.

The car definitely deserves some attention. It's time for it to be reborn. It's not gonna be a fast project cause I gotta save up for parts as I go. Spending more on it then my truck lol

Old 05-30-2010, 12:56 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Damn, thats a long time for a car to sit. I hope things go the way you want them to with it. A couple years ago I helped a friend install a motor in his 95 stang. We were deployed together and one of his goals while we were deployed was to save up enough money to have a new engine put together for it and if I remember right it cost him about 5k and has 450+ horse. I never got to see it run though because after we got it in he still had some other things to do before it could run and then I left to go to Japan.

Old 05-30-2010, 02:57 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At least you don't have to worry about anything being seized up or having bad fluids in it since you're doing a full rebuild.
Just don't neglect the transmission fluid, coolant, brake fluid and power steering fluid.

Old 05-30-2010, 06:48 PM
jbomb
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its hot here in texas and i recharged my ac but it leaked out over night. I guess its going to be the compressor case its the most expensive. I wonder if you can rebuild the gaskets and seals in them?

Old 05-30-2010, 08:26 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,387 Likes on 3,127 Posts

Originally Posted by jbomb
its hot here in texas and i recharged my ac but it leaked out over night. I guess its going to be the compressor case its the most expensive. I wonder if you can rebuild the gaskets and seals in them?
Its possible, but, I don't know how effective it is. I would highly recommend doing the leak check thing with the dye, and the UV light, or, take it to a shop and have them do it. Might be the evap core (in the dash, major pain...), condenser, (in front of the radiator), or any of the lines.....

Old 05-30-2010, 09:31 PM
jbomb
Veteran

i hope to find a shop where I can get it tested and them tell me where the leak is for free.

Old 05-30-2010, 10:35 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Started repairing the minor damage from where the boat trailer slid into my rear quarter. Unfortunatly I rushed things and have to wet sand the color coat to get some sags and such out.
&^%$#@%^& humid weather!

I hope everyone is having a safe memorial day weekend, and that you take time out to remember those who have served and given all, and all the rest who have gone before you.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?