2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2010, 06:30 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Yeah, that's why I went with it over the hemifever SCT. The one I ordered is the 3865 which I believe replaced the 3815. If it gets me a little further up the mountain before I dent the firewall, I'm happy enough with it.
I wasn't knocking your decision, it did replace the 3815 if you buy new. The 3815 is 150$ cheaper used on ebay all day long and has the same exact tune as the 3865 for our trucks is all I was getting at. The good thing about buying new is that you have a warranty so it isn't a bad thing that your went that route.
Originally Posted by dodgeram07
order a tps,, won sum thing on ebay for the truck that i wanted for a long long time but just didnt want to pay alot
HS 1.7's?

Old 07-29-2010, 06:46 AM
bigslick050
All Star
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by lastrights
what t-stat ya running, i been running 87 with the 91 tune over over a year now with no problems
dude you can run a 91 tune on 87 octane? What programmer do you have? Now you got me wondering how my truck will run with the Hypertech 91 tune on 87 octane...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:32 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by bigslick050
dude you can run a 91 tune on 87 octane? What programmer do you have? Now you got me wondering how my truck will run with the Hypertech 91 tune on 87 octane...
superchips flashpaq 3815, it has more get up with 91 tune with 87 gas as if i were to run 87 tune with 87 gas .. it does run better however with 91 91

Old 07-29-2010, 10:56 AM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by 1997DodgeRam
Recovered my headliner in Realtree hardwoods. Really pleased with how it came out, right down to the visors. Now it makes me think I need to do the cloth panels on the doors and get some seat covers.

I actually finished a few days ago but thought it would be worthless with out pics.
That's awesome and I must ask where you got the materials. I have had my headliner in the corner of the living room and the fiance is starting to nag me about it. I couldn't think of a good way to redo it, but you just made my mind up. THANKS!

Old 07-29-2010, 12:56 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
The good thing about buying new is that you have a warranty so it isn't a bad thing that your went that route.
Oh, okay, I understand now. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my end of this big bundle of wires.

Yeah, I was going for the warranty. $150 isn't much for the peace of mind. Such as it is -- I've been run around and around on warranty service in the past, but not by Superchips. Only time will tell.

i been running 87 with the 91 tune over over a year now with no problems
Not to be a PITA, but have you pulled long grades without pinging? If so I might just give that a whirl right off because I've got a full tank of 87 that'll last me a month or more and a tuner showing up on Friday that I just have to play with.

Old 07-29-2010, 01:04 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
HS 1.7's?

boy i wish thats been on the list for a long time to

won a new trans temp gauge.... 30bucks shiped, alot better than 65dollars

one day i will have 1.7rollers

the truck turned 72,000miles

Old 07-29-2010, 01:38 PM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Oh, okay, I understand now. Sorry for the misunderstanding on my end of this big bundle of wires.

Yeah, I was going for the warranty. $150 isn't much for the peace of mind. Such as it is -- I've been run around and around on warranty service in the past, but not by Superchips. Only time will tell.

Not to be a PITA, but have you pulled long grades without pinging? If so I might just give that a whirl right off because I've got a full tank of 87 that'll last me a month or more and a tuner showing up on Friday that I just have to play with.
never towed anything but ive been WOT on some really step hills for a long period of time , and never any problems

Old 07-29-2010, 02:04 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

never towed anything but ive been WOT on some really step hills for a long period of time , and never any problems
That's exactly what I wanted to know and was hoping to hear. Thanks!

Old 07-29-2010, 09:10 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran

Today, hauled my boat out to Clinton Lake, only 15 mins down the road. Layed some rubber, thats about it...

Old 07-29-2010, 09:40 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
That's awesome and I must ask where you got the materials. I have had my headliner in the corner of the living room and the fiance is starting to nag me about it. I couldn't think of a good way to redo it, but you just made my mind up. THANKS!
Looks like you also have a regular cab. I picked up the fabric and JoAnnes. Waiting for the coupon in the sunday paper for 40% off I got 2 yards for $16. Following the directions on the can of headliner adhesive I used 2 cans. I think they were 3M, "orange cans blue top" from Advance for $10 each. The 2 yards was enough for the headliner and both visors with a little left. ( It was 60in wide so plenty of overlap. ) I used my hot glue gun to put the mirror back in the passenger side and hold the visors together after I used headliner glue to hold the fabric to the cardboard. The fabric I used was not foam backed but is almost like a denim. It holds really well once glued and looks great.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?