2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2010, 08:48 PM
canada_rokzz
Rookie
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Drove home from Lake Bronson MN. Spent our first night "camping" with the slide in camper at Walmart Thief River Falls, then back up 59 hwy to Lake Bronson for 3 nights of drinks, guitar, and stock cars at Greenbush MN! Great weekend for sure!

My math says I got 11.25 cnd miles/gal which is around 9.25 in US miles/gal. Not terrible for averaging 60 on the highway in third with 3.55 gears and 265/70/17's. ANd I checked the spedo with the girlfriends gps and its bang on. I thought for sure we would be would be off, but its perfect up to 70, which is as fast as I would ever drive with the camper on...

Had some fun with a couple of ladies that thought it would be cool to tailgate... I was watchin with my rear view camera how close they were, and when they got inside 6 feet I touched the brakes! Haha watch those silly ladies panic brake. They gave us the finger when they finally passed. What makes people think that 6' is a good following distance at 60 mph? Like really?

Old 08-08-2010, 09:27 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by canada_rokzz
What makes people think that 6' is a good following distance at 60 mph?
Disbelief in mortality is the only thing I can come up with.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:28 PM
1997DodgeRam
Professional

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
Well, drove it to a side-job and worked all day. Felt good to finally be doing something all day. Right before time to go home, walked through a section of wall between the studs and there just happened to be a large nail sticking down... Long story short, I bled all over my seat and beat the hell out of the truck getting home just to find out it wasn;t as bad as I thought.

On a side note, still looking for camo material for the headliner. Not sure what to use.
Just found my reciept, so I can be more specific. I used Real Tree AP Twill stock number 400012370564, as I said it was 12.99 a yard, 40% off coupon in the sunday paper Two yards $16.69. I am not a fabric guy so when they didn't have headliner in anything over 54 inches and nothing in camo I just went and grabbed the heaviest camo they had of about 10 choices. Still really happy with it, now I just wish I had another yard to do the door panels when I get around to pulling them to fix my lock.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:51 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
Disbelief in mortality is the only thing I can come up with.
My dad once threw an ashtray full of coins at someone for tailgating him.

Oh yeah. I put an new alternator on, fixed my misfire, fixed the squeaky belt problem, changed the oil, rotated the tires, and best of all, got a tailpipe at the junkyard. Now Purpl sounds like the red 2nd gen from Twister.

Old 08-09-2010, 12:47 AM
dodgeram07
Champion

about would the side of the truck taken off by i think a drunk driver, them they about lost control of there car then they pullin into UDF

Old 08-09-2010, 02:17 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
I like having my chime for everything except for when the door is open with key in.... ie listening to tunes while working on something with the door open... I even tried a piece of electrical tape over the chime holes once just to quiet it down some, but it just made it sound weird and more annoying lol... so I cut the key sense wire right before it goes into the chime module and put a toggle on it up under the dash. That way I can just flip the switch to kill the chime if I'm listening to tunes... works great, but I think I'm gonna take the switch out of there and wire it up through the door switch so the dome lights don't stay on while the door is open if I don't want them to
I have found that on my truck, if I have the radio or ACC on, I can press the little interior light actuator plunger thingy. Then it goes off. You could try that. At least it works on my truck.

Old 08-09-2010, 07:55 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by canada_rokzz
9.25 in US miles/gal. Not terrible for averaging 60 on the highway in third with 3.55 gears and 265/70/17's.
Not bad with that sail attached to the bed.
Had some fun with a couple of ladies that thought it would be cool to tailgate... I was watchin with my rear view camera how close they were, and when they got inside 6 feet I touched the brakes! Haha watch those silly ladies panic brake. They gave us the finger when they finally passed. What makes people think that 6' is a good following distance at 60 mph? Like really?
That's pretty good. A friend of mine likes to mess with tailgaters too, when he notices them getting close he just stops in the middle of the road like he would coming up to a stop sign (not slamming the brakes or anything, just stopping like normal) then he just takes off again. If they don't pass him and get on his bumper again he'll just stop again until they get the hint.

Old 08-09-2010, 01:22 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just wait for the poor idiot behind me to reach for his PDA or Ipod and give him a closeup of my Rear axle. They usually are quick to hit the brakes, they pass me showing me the international sign for "you're #1" and get on their way. Waiting for the person that'll finally pay to replace the bed and tailgate...

Old 08-09-2010, 02:02 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm known for brake checking tailgaters Except I usually give er a good quick stab of the brake pedal, really wakes up the idiots behind me hahaha... The wife HATES it when I do it Just a couple of weeks ago I did it to a guy in a Grand Am who was ON my ***, came outta nowhere too. It worked, he backed off considerably... Well about a mile from where I did it was a store I was heading to, pulled in there and he pulls in also, right in front of me. I thought, yep gonna get into a scene here lol.... But he came over and apologized for comin up on me so fast and tailgating hahaha... great guy too, older than me, and not some teenager like I was expecting... He knew exactly why I nailed the brakes

Old 08-09-2010, 02:05 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Some dumbass was tailgating me on an open two lane highway with a cop sitting on the shoulder. Cop pulled him over next light and gave him a ticket for it. Had the cop not been there, my dad would have thrown quarters at him.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?