2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2010, 07:14 PM
smoker911
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I put in 800-watt power converter under my passenger seat.I use my laptop in my 07 Ram a lot' so I decided to install something so I don't use my battery up at work 'So this comes in handy for me ..And it works great to

Old 08-15-2010, 07:24 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by mnewbolds
That's exactly what I did, 3-4 times now. This is the 3rd IAC I've installed and even had it tested at the dealership. New TB gasket and all. I'm at a loss....
May wanna start a thread for this in the tech forum.....

Have you taken a look at what your fuel pressure is doing at the time? It acts like something has to 'warm up' enough to work properly......

Old 08-15-2010, 09:35 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Originally Posted by HeyYou
May wanna start a thread for this in the tech forum.....

Have you taken a look at what your fuel pressure is doing at the time? It acts like something has to 'warm up' enough to work properly......
Will do but I'm affriad all I'll get is "change the IAC" so not sure if it will help. Yeah, fuel pressure is optimum throughout. New Fuel sending unit assembly.

Old 08-15-2010, 10:35 PM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker
Default Finally..Real Progress!

T-6...
Today I reinstalled my rear bumper! I can polish it tomorrow. It's as easy to polish the bumper on the truck as it is on the saw horses.
I also finished welding and painting my exhaust tip adapters, using a piece of brake line to make my clamp tube. Although a bit crude, they functioned perfectly and the tps are even.
I took a picture of my progress, although the plastic bumper trim is not pushed into place.

Oh, and a before picture for reference. NO more bumper sticlers for a while.

Old 08-16-2010, 06:48 AM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

You need to paint them ricer tails.

I pulled the camper and went back and forth to the house a couple of times. Got an average of 13 MPG. Then I pulled it back and got 8 MPG

Old 08-16-2010, 07:44 AM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I had to ride in the backseat of my own damn truck on Saturday night.... It was our community days this weekend and they always have a dance on Saturday so me and the wife got into the booze in the backyard and my dad and stepmom drove us down in my truck... It sounds badass from the backseat though! Louder than it is from the driver seat...

Can't tell you much more about the night, as yours truly tried out his brand new shiny flask lol The wife informed me I was pullin it out at the end of the night, even as cops were walkin around with empties in thier hands etc... A good time was had by all though (*well, minus the usual slew of people gettin thrown in the cop cars, as is normal for a small town 'kick n punch'

Old 08-16-2010, 08:37 AM
lastrights
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Maxx_Magnum
I had to ride in the backseat of my own damn truck on Saturday night.... It was our community days this weekend and they always have a dance on Saturday so me and the wife got into the booze in the backyard and my dad and stepmom drove us down in my truck... It sounds badass from the backseat though! Louder than it is from the driver seat...

Can't tell you much more about the night, as yours truly tried out his brand new shiny flask lol The wife informed me I was pullin it out at the end of the night, even as cops were walkin around with empties in thier hands etc... A good time was had by all though (*well, minus the usual slew of people gettin thrown in the cop cars, as is normal for a small town 'kick n punch'
i dont want to know any more about pulling out ok lol

Old 08-16-2010, 10:28 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Regular 6,000 mile oil change. I really have to do something about the leaky rear main. The truck didn't want to turn over when I had to move it, and I learned there was barely two quarts in it.

I also changed the front shocks, figuring I have well over 75K miles on them. The funny part is, they felt as strong as the replacements. Oh well, preventative maintenance. I'll get to the rears a little later. I also greased the entire front end.

Old 08-16-2010, 11:46 AM
dsertdog56
Record Breaker

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
You need to paint them ricer tails.
Naw...I kinda like the nostalgic '73--74 Roadrunner look... cars that were made before you were even a gleam in your daddys' (or he in his daddys'?) eye. Back then "ricers" were something you used to prepare certain potato dishes...and still do.

Old 08-16-2010, 12:26 PM
mnewbolds
Veteran

Went outside to get my smokes out of the Dodge and noticed the nieghbor kid, (I think I'm his hero or somethin) coming toward the house. I just had my windows tinted 17% so I just sat and watched as he went to the door and walked away after nobody answered. HILARIOUS! I will use this to my advantage more often!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?