2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 09:56 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^ That was what I was thinkin too.

Old 06-03-2012, 10:48 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No tag, the lot ran out of temp tags and the DMV was closed when i picked it up. I will be tagging it next week before i put it back on the road.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:04 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Don't use a taurus fan, they pull ridiculous amounts of amps. Something around 100 amps at startup...
Are the taurus fans the same as the lincoln mark 7 and 8's?? I've heard they are great fans as far as cfm's, but I don't know much about the amps they pull. Let me know though, cause I'm sure I saw a few taurus' at the junkyard, that I can pull a fan from. The mark 7's and 8's are few and far between, not only in the junkyard, but even on the road around here. But I thought they used the same fans (in the early to mid 90's), but if they are no good (due to amp draw), I wont do it. So chances of me finding one are slim, but it'd be nice, to find a good e-fan to swap for the stock one, rather than paying hundreds of dollars for a brand new one off the interwebs. I'd love to do the e-fan's, but I can't see paying hundreds of dollars for the kits that are available online.

Old 06-03-2012, 11:32 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Same fan. DON'T get it.

Get this one. 19" Mopar, over 4000 cfm, Made in USA, About $60 shipped, 25-30 amp draw at startup. Part # CBG4F250. Got mine from www.wermopar.com

Old 06-03-2012, 11:46 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Same fan. DON'T get it.

Get this one. 19" Mopar, over 4000 cfm, Made in USA, About $60 shipped, 25-30 amp draw at startup. Part # CBG4F250. Got mine from www.wermopar.com
Thank you for the link. 53$ before taxes and shipping isn't bad for a good quality fan. Think I might try to order it next payday, and possibly install it, at the same time I install the modified intake. I want to get a set of valve covers too, to paint red, but I'm still torn on waiting to do the whole ball-o-wax until I can afford the 1.7 roller rockers. I have a set of valve cover gaskets, but I really don't wanna tear everything apart, until I have a reason to. Roller rockers, would be a great reason to take the covers off, so maybe in a month or so, I'll do the e-fan, intake swap, and roller rockers all at the same time. I can't have my truck down for more than 1-2 days, on a weekend, since it's the main transportation for my wife and I. Although, if I can manage to get the valve covers off the 5.2L at the junkyard next saturday, and get them painted, I might not be able to wait for the 1.7's. My idle hands will convince me to swap 'em out. They can always be done again. The valve cover gaskets aren't 1 time use, like some others from what I understand. Thanks for the link again, though. I've looked at fans on ebay, and elsewhere, but I just don't know about trusting their claims of cfm's. If you've used these ones though, and say they are worthwhile, I'll invest in 'em.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

More important that my 2 month experience is that Hahns5.2 has been running the same fan in his boosted Dak for quite a while. Make sure you get a fan controller/wiring relay kit to go along with it.

Old 06-04-2012, 12:28 AM
sarmikgar
Professional

Originally Posted by gdstock
You been a busy guy today! Shoicks and stab look good!
Thank you!

Was a big help to have a extra set of hands.

One thing that may help others on the head unit:

Radio install took me alot longer than I thought it would, I had got what I thought was the harness for Infinity equipped trucks, it has the normal looking power, ground type connector along with some RCA plugs integrated into the harness. I soldered it up and plugged everything in plugged the RCA's in to the 4 RCA outs on the new deck, but things didnt sound right now matter how I arranged the plugs. Went down to my work and got the harness that is listed for 4 spkr trucks(no RCA's) and soldered it all up, and the sound is great.

Shocks and stabilizer have really improved the ride, alot less lean in the corner, a ton less vibration and theres no more pulling to the left when braking above 40mph. One thing I really like about the new head unit is the ability to customize the color to match your dash.

Heres the green/orange combo Ive settled on for now, not the greatest pic:

Name:  100_1866.jpg
Views: 26
Size:  19.5 KB

Old 06-04-2012, 09:48 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^How much did all the Rancho's run you?

Old 06-04-2012, 01:43 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Same fan. DON'T get it.

+1

I ran the same setup on my 5.2 and loved it. I only got to run it for 4 days before my truck got totalled though

Old 06-04-2012, 02:23 PM
Ramcountryboy
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey guys, just gonna share with ya'll that I drove my Ram from Iowa to California and pulled a friends car back from cali to Iowa, she has 206,000 miles on her and did great!

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?