2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2012, 08:26 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Removed steering gearbox, replaced seal....cussed for a bit....and reinstalled gearbox....

Also buffed tailgate, polish, and wax......and see very fine scratches in clear still.......son of a bird dog!!!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 09:18 PM
Jimythefan
All Star
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Waxed roof. Then installed 4th gen roof lights and with the headliner down, lined the roof with dyna-mat type stuff.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:22 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

^^^ Pictures of the lights!!!

NOW.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:25 PM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fired it up this morning to a CEL. The code came back as a P0304, so I went ahead and picked up some Autolite spark plugs.

Cleared the code and so far, the CEL hasn't returned. I was a little shocked that the plugs fixed it. I was expecting plugs/wires.

Changed out the power steering pressure hose. Sprang a pretty massive leak a few days ago. This was a job that was WAY harder than it should have been.

And lastly, my grille is now black, and bodymatched the honey combs. Looks pretty sick, to me. I totally need a new grille, because mine is hanging one by only a couple of screws, lol.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:36 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol_RedRam
Fired it up this morning to a CEL. The code came back as a P0304, so I went ahead and picked up some Autolite spark plugs.

Cleared the code and so far, the CEL hasn't returned. I was a little shocked that the plugs fixed it. I was expecting plugs/wires.

Changed out the power steering pressure hose. Sprang a pretty massive leak a few days ago. This was a job that was WAY harder than it should have been.

And lastly, my grille is now black, and bodymatched the honey combs. Looks pretty sick, to me. I totally need a new grille, because mine is hanging one by only a couple of screws, lol.
Pics Please.

Old 06-16-2012, 09:47 PM
Ol_RedRam
Amateur

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Pics Please.
It's dark outside and I live in the sticks, so I don't have much for lighting after dark. I did the best I could with my phone, but you can kind of get the idea. I'll get some better pics.

This, along with trim being black (originally chrome), really makes the truck look more aggressive.

Attached Thumbnails What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?-dodgeram.jpg  
Old 06-16-2012, 10:14 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Ol_RedRam
It's dark outside and I live in the sticks, so I don't have much for lighting after dark. I did the best I could with my phone, but you can kind of get the idea. I'll get some better pics.

This, along with trim being black (originally chrome), really makes the truck look more aggressive.
Looks good but the picture doesn't reveal much, need a picture of the front!

Old 06-16-2012, 10:38 PM
bekins01ram
Veteran

Originally Posted by stewie01
Looks good but the picture doesn't reveal much, need a picture of the front!
+1. I like the body color matched honeycomb. Might consider doing the same to my "gutter guard" grill inserts.

Installed a guage pod, with a oil pressure guage and a vacuum/ boost guage. Haven't gotten the oil pressure guage installed yet, but tis pretty entertaining to watch the vacuum drop with increased throttle. Noticed my wild vents only start blowing between 2-7 psi of vacuum. Outside of that area, they don't blow. Tis weird.

Also, for the first time in the 13 years, I've been around this vehicle, owned by my wifes father, he let me drive it. And, when I was trying to take it easy, he told me to quit being a p@#sy, and punch it. O...M...G!! He just had the old '70 LT1 swapped for a 383 stroker motor (unfortunately the same 350 turbo tranny though), but it made 408 hp on the dyno, and it's complete ***** to the wall. He says the old Lt1 was making mid 13 quarters, and he expects to get into the 12's with this motor. He's looking to put a 400 turbo tranny in it, and cut those times down even more. Roasts tires through first and second, and chirps 3rd like a beast. The cam/lope sound gives me goosebumps, it's so badass with straight pipes, turned out the sides. Anyways, here's a pic, but without seeing the pearl blue, and ghost flames on the sides in person, the pics can't do it justice. I'm kissing a$$ hardcore, to get my name in the will for that ride, lol.

Old 06-16-2012, 11:23 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Originally Posted by bekins01ram
i'm kissing a$$ hardcore, to get my name in the will for that ride, lol.
lmao!!!

Old 06-16-2012, 11:53 PM
cntry_prernnr
Professional

Originally Posted by 2x1972
Me and cntry_prernnr seafoamed our trucks today. His, with 60k on the clock, blew no smoke. Mine on the other hand..... Well, he should arrive with a video soon

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?