2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-2013, 02:09 AM
~moparlove~
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

changed my rear diff fluid. that stuff was nasty dirty. t-case comes some time this week. what made my day though was when i went to autozone to get the black rtv gasket crap, i asked the guy behind the counter where it was, cause it wasnt by the fluids you'd use it for, and he had no clue what i was even talking about. i dont know why i keep going there...

Old 01-28-2013, 02:19 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^Lol at that... I have never once had a good experience with Autozone.

Old 01-28-2013, 02:21 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

As for AZ, the RTV is with the glues and stuff at my store.
I don't go there due to a stupid *** corporate policy that almost got a store manager killed up in SC.

Old 01-28-2013, 06:56 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
Good stuff dude.
word.

It's an 01 axle so, the speed sensor is the same. I'm expecting to change the prop valve by swapping ABS sensor that was for rear disks as I believe that is where the proportioning is done or I'll add an adjustable prop valve or bypass the ABS.....

ebrake cables are present, but I don't remember what truck it came out of (short or long bed or quad cab). Then of course driveshaft...but hey still working on what the tcase....will be.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:29 PM
chopkins009
Talking Done it!

this week- brake lines front to back,rotors, calipers, pads, drums, shoes, springs, wheel cylinders, alternator, spark plugs, plate lights, headlights, and now the water pump. Got the 5.9 for $2 from an old man on farm back home. Helped him fix his barn. Runs like new yeee haw!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:30 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by Wombat Ranger
^^Lol at that... I have never once had a good experience with Autozone.
i went to my local AZ a couple weeks ago, to see if they had cam bolts in stock because advance didnt. the guy didnt even bother to try to look em up. just told me that they dont stock em anymore. he probably didnt even know what i was talking about, even after i explained what they were to him. they are all complete idiots there, and will never go there again, for anything!

the only thing worse than AZ is a VIP. most of you probably never heard of them, as they are a new england based company. but they employ some of the most dumbass people. the last time i went there for a part i asked for a head gasket for my civic. the guy couldnt find it, then tried to tell me they didnt sell them. after about 15 minutes, i forced him to look through the computer, and found it myself. im pretty sure that was the last day he worked there.

only place i ever go to now, is advance. they have great people working there, that are easy to talk to, and i have become friends with a few of them. anytime i walk into the store, they always say hi to me by name. always a good experience when i go there!

Old 01-28-2013, 07:52 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

sounds like AZ is a great place to get a job. you get paid to be a lazy and stupid. can't beat that.

Old 01-28-2013, 07:56 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

Noticed a slight miss on my 3/4 ton today so i pulled it into the shop and checked the plugs, found 7 good champions and one rogue autolight iridium. I dont know how the hell that got in there. so i replaced it along with 5 others with some autolite 3923's. they didnt have all 8 in stock just 6, so i changed 6 for now. Pulled the TB and looked down in the plenum, and while i dont see much oil at all i do see about a 6" section of the plenum gasket sticking out. I will hopefully be buying a M1 in the next month along with a double roller timing set. I figured while i had it in the shop i would check the brakes over cause they have been squelling a little bit and they like to lock up when cold. After banging relentlessly on the rear drums i finally got them off to find 50% shoe left, fronts were good too so i just blew them clean with air and put it back together. So im not sure why they are so touchy when cold.

Also worked on the 95 again today. it was maintaining coolant temp at 220 deg. and after taking the hose off noticed that the thermostat was not working correctly, go figure a OEM mopar part brand new that doesnt work worth a damn. So being in a pinch we put it back together with no thermostat so he can drive it. I will have to adress that later.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:08 PM
redneck_ram
Champion

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
sounds like AZ is a great place to get a job. you get paid to be a lazy and stupid. can't beat that.
i actually had an interview at a different local AZ a few years back. i didnt get the job..... why you ask? because i knew too much. the manager was impressed with my knowledge, and even told me so. but i guess the retard who knew absolutely nothing about autos got the job.

Old 01-28-2013, 08:10 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The old "over qualified". Don't ya hate when that happens.

Quick Reply: What Did You Do To Your 2ND GEN RAM Today?