2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-10-2013, 03:28 PM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stewie01
So Wal-Mart had/has plans to build 6 stores in D.C. but may cancel the remaining 3 builds is D.C. passes the Living Wage Bill that would require the retailer to pay the employees in those stores $12.50hr minimum.

D.C. should tell Wal-Mart to get the fark out!

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/0...usaolp00000009
D.C. needs to give their heads a shake. Why should Wal-Mart do that? As Dodge Dude said, that leads to increased product cost and less jobs. Just because it would "nice" it doesn't mean its feasible. My 2 cents and understanding anyways.

Old 07-10-2013, 03:32 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

Hardly.
It's quite expensive to live in/around D.C.

My grandparents/aunt&uncle live in Fairfax, 2 bedrooms apartments go for $1000-$1200 a month.

$8.00 doesn't even begin to come close to paying people enough to afford the bare essentials.

Say you make $8hr and work 40hrs, that's $320 a week before taxes, Wal-Mart pays every 2 weeks, so that's $640 before taxes. 10 months (I think) out of the year you get paid twice a month, 2 months is 3 times a month.

So that's $1280 a month BEFORE taxes.

You can't hardly live on that anywhere.
You're not getting my point.

By literally punishing a business for doing business in a city, it will encourage other cities to do that as well. Causing the company to lose profits, lay off workers, and eventually shut down. It will cause the city to shoot itself in the foot because, guess what? you just killed hundreds of jobs.
I do understand that $8.00 isn't enough to live on. Well, then move. It's not going to get any better with that damned new healthcare mandate that will cause employers to cap their employees hours at 25 hours a week. And DON'T tell me it won't happen as I happen to know a guy that has had HIS hours cut in preparation for the new law.

This standard of living crap is all bull****. It's all a matter of taxes anyway, you tax business, business passes that cost down to you and it just keeps going down the chain.

Old 07-10-2013, 04:40 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dodge dude94
You're not getting my point.

By literally punishing a business for doing business in a city, it will encourage other cities to do that as well. Causing the company to lose profits, lay off workers, and eventually shut down. It will cause the city to shoot itself in the foot because, guess what? you just killed hundreds of jobs.
I do understand that $8.00 isn't enough to live on. Well, then move. It's not going to get any better with that damned new healthcare mandate that will cause employers to cap their employees hours at 25 hours a week. And DON'T tell me it won't happen as I happen to know a guy that has had HIS hours cut in preparation for the new law.

This standard of living crap is all bull****. It's all a matter of taxes anyway, you tax business, business passes that cost down to you and it just keeps going down the chain.
The way this country is going it isn't going to matter soon.

They weren't doing it to local mom and pop business'. Wal-Mart CAN afford to pay employees in a localized area $12.50hr. Also, why does Wal-Mart need 6 stores in the D.C. area?

If you don't want a country were working class people are on Medicad and receiving Food Stamps and other "government handouts" than you have to get used to companies paying their employees better.

The cost of goods may go up but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Take the Wal-Mart pay example and apply it to the cost of living in your area, how much is left after rent or mortgage, electric, water? Enough for the other basic essentials such as food?

Employers need someone to kick them in the *** for the health insurance options, or lack thereof, unless you want all of the working class on Medicare.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:01 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

The way this country is going it isn't going to matter soon.

They weren't doing it to local mom and pop business'. Wal-Mart CAN afford to pay employees in a localized area $12.50hr. Also, why does Wal-Mart need 6 stores in the D.C. area?

If you don't want a country were working class people are on Medicad and receiving Food Stamps and other "government handouts" than you have to get used to companies paying their employees better.

The cost of goods may go up but you can't have your cake and eat it.

Take the Wal-Mart pay example and apply it to the cost of living in your area, how much is left after rent or mortgage, electric, water? Enough for the other basic essentials such as food?

Employers need someone to kick them in the *** for the health insurance options, or lack thereof, unless you want all of the working class on Medicare.
You have never run or had a family member run a business, have you?

SUURE, Walmart could pay people more. Waaalmart could afford to pay for health insurance.
But a mom and pop business that falls under the Obamacare guidelines for healthcare WILL be killed. It costs a sh1tload to pay for health insurance. So what happens is more people have to be hired to make up for the lack of hours for everyone else. You know the government moved the employer mandate back a year, right? They did so because they KNOW it will totally f*ck up the entire economy. People WILL be laid off. And as I said before, standard of living is all based on how much people make in a given area, and by how much the city or state officials and utility companies can jack their **** up to milk as much out of the people as possible. Part of our problem is the government. Government needs to get the hell out of the way. That way companies don't have to be afraid to hire people and give them hours. If they have to worry about the overly massive amount of money they have to spend on joshmoblow that needs health insurance they will start docking hours for EVERYONE. And wtf do we need health insurance for? Oh, it's because you smoke, drink, eat excessively, don't exercise, and just are too damn lazy to do something with your life.

That may not be you, but my family quite literally does not need the "insurance" that the government wants to push. What do we need? Eye and dental. That's it. We take care of ourselves and should be rewarded for it, not punished. And I know there are plenty of people that are in the same boat as us.

Everything you see can be referred to that lovely phrase as a "slippery slope." Once you let the government in to start bossing people around, **** falls down from there and you end up in, oh, say, ENGLAND. Ever notice how no where in the Constitution (oh, have you even read that antiquted document?) states ANYTHING regarding standards of living and the government coming to everyone's rescue? That's because it's not necessary. We've been becoming and ever worse welfare state since the Wilson administration. I'm tired of people constantly bitching and whine about big business. Maybe big business can afford all that ****, but as I said earlier, small and medium business can't. Own one and you'll find out real damn quick why most small businesses shut up shop in 5 years or less.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:26 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Nice. Are you going to get rid of the divider and EGR or leave it?.
no. they are going to stay. i am just going to try making everything nice and smooth so that the air can flow better. when i first started there was lots of rough cast and now there is almost none.

Old 07-10-2013, 05:43 PM
stewie01
Legend

You have never run or had a family member run a business, have you?

SUURE, Walmart could pay people more. Waaalmart could afford to pay for health insurance.
But a mom and pop business that falls under the Obamacare guidelines for healthcare WILL be killed. It costs a sh1tload to pay for health insurance. So what happens is more people have to be hired to make up for the lack of hours for everyone else. You know the government moved the employer mandate back a year, right? They did so because they KNOW it will totally f*ck up the entire economy. People WILL be laid off. And as I said before, standard of living is all based on how much people make in a given area, and by how much the city or state officials and utility companies can jack their **** up to milk as much out of the people as possible. Part of our problem is the government. Government needs to get the hell out of the way. That way companies don't have to be afraid to hire people and give them hours. If they have to worry about the overly massive amount of money they have to spend on joshmoblow that needs health insurance they will start docking hours for EVERYONE. And wtf do we need health insurance for? Oh, it's because you smoke, drink, eat excessively, don't exercise, and just are too damn lazy to do something with your life.

That may not be you, but my family quite literally does not need the "insurance" that the government wants to push. What do we need? Eye and dental. That's it. We take care of ourselves and should be rewarded for it, not punished. And I know there are plenty of people that are in the same boat as us.

Everything you see can be referred to that lovely phrase as a "slippery slope." Once you let the government in to start bossing people around, **** falls down from there and you end up in, oh, say, ENGLAND. Ever notice how no where in the Constitution (oh, have you even read that antiquted document?) states ANYTHING regarding standards of living and the government coming to everyone's rescue? That's because it's not necessary. We've been becoming and ever worse welfare state since the Wilson administration. I'm tired of people constantly bitching and whine about big business. Maybe big business can afford all that ****, but as I said earlier, small and medium business can't. Own one and you'll find out real damn quick why most small businesses shut up shop in 5 years or less.
I could be wrong but I think the ObamaCare thing is for companies who employ 50 or more people. And yes I know it's been delayed.

There is no perfect solution to everything and there never will be. What's good for one isn't good for another.

I do have quite a bit of experience with a family own/run business. Do you? I know how the economy treats small business'. I (with my grandfather) run a small business. He has run a small business for 20 years, give or take.

Do you realize that even healthy people need to see a doctor every now and again? If you don't you're blind. Just because your thin and labeled "healthy" doesn't mean you are.

NOT seeing a doctor is what leads to unnecessary deaths, shoot even seeing a doctor and being miss-diagnosed can lead to death or near death.

If you don't go to the doc you may never know there's a problem until it's too late. Ask me how I know.

There seem to be other countries that have some balance between work, wages, and healthcare so it's not impossible.

The problem with the U.S. is everything is Republican and Democrat. Democrats just wanna hand out money and food stamps and this and that. Republicans just wanna tell women if they're pregnant oh ****ing well you're having that baby even if it kills you. How's that for government right if your face? Oh, who's paying to help support that baby? The tax payers.

Obama just wants to give every black family on food stamps a free iPhone, the LifeCare Program was extended to cell phones by Bush, not Obama.

Repubs this, Dems that.

This country needs another revolution if he's ever going to head down the right path again. Everyone blames the President, "I don't have a job, it's the damn Muslim's fault". How so? How is it the President's job to create jobs?

What's he do just snap his fingers and there's a new company in Jerkwater, Texas or Hillbillyhaven, Va? Doesn't work that way.

Old 07-10-2013, 06:14 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I could be wrong but I think the ObamaCare thing is for companies who employ 50 or more people. And yes I know it's been delayed.

There is no perfect solution to everything and there never will be. What's good for one isn't good for another.

I do have quite a bit of experience with a family own/run business. Do you? I know how the economy treats small business'. I (with my grandfather) run a small business. He has run a small business for 20 years, give or take.

Do you realize that even healthy people need to see a doctor every now and again? If you don't you're blind. Just because your thin and labeled "healthy" doesn't mean you are.

NOT seeing a doctor is what leads to unnecessary deaths, shoot even seeing a doctor and being miss-diagnosed can lead to death or near death.

If you don't go to the doc you may never know there's a problem until it's too late. Ask me how I know.

There seem to be other countries that have some balance between work, wages, and healthcare so it's not impossible.

The problem with the U.S. is everything is Republican and Democrat. Democrats just wanna hand out money and food stamps and this and that. Republicans just wanna tell women if they're pregnant oh ****ing well you're having that baby even if it kills you. How's that for government right if your face? Oh, who's paying to help support that baby? The tax payers.

Obama just wants to give every black family on food stamps a free iPhone, the LifeCare Program was extended to cell phones by Bush, not Obama.

Repubs this, Dems that.

This country needs another revolution if he's ever going to head down the right path again. Everyone blames the President, "I don't have a job, it's the damn Muslim's fault". How so? How is it the President's job to create jobs?

What's he do just snap his fingers and there's a new company in Jerkwater, Texas or Hillbillyhaven, Va? Doesn't work that way.
Obamacare is for businesses that employ 50 or more people. Here is the thing, it is set up so that if you own two businesses with under 50 people, it's counted as 1 business and you have to provide insurance for those people. Look it up. It's there and was written by the IRS.

I also have experience with a family business as I have been RAISED around a family business. I've worked for my dad for 7 years and have been around the business for the past, oh..almost 11 years. So I kinda know how hard it is to make money and stay open. We raise our prices for the first time in 4 years and there are people that will complain. Joy. And it's a good thing to, as actual foot traffic is down steadily from previous years. Whats the coincidence? The government. lol

Healthy people needing to see a doctor, alright, I'll sort of agree with this one. But the problem is we have people that are being diagnosed with things that could be remedied easily, without medications. As for nations with a balance with state run healthcare, these are also some of the countries that have riots it seems every year with people bitching about how their check got cut .50 or they lost a vacation day.
As for abortion. Go for it. Just don't make me pay for your failure you control yourself and act like an adult.
And what if I told you that Obama doesn't need to snap his fingers to do **** he wants? There are already minions in place in the various government agencies that have been hired/elected over the years that already know what he wants.

blah blah blah.

I've gotta go to work and deal with a church group.

Old 07-10-2013, 08:04 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Church group? Sounds like some religious fun

Old 07-10-2013, 09:23 PM
stewie01
Legend

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Church group? Sounds like some religious fun
Not if he's Catholic.

Old 07-10-2013, 09:32 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

I didn't think he was Catholic. DD whats the facts?

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread