2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2013, 10:29 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i think pretty much anywhere except Toronto you could get a pretty good place for that much money. i think toronto is the only place where a property the size of a postage stamp would cost $229k. i guess since most other properties in the city go for about $600k+ that might be considered a deal.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 PM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by beginningjockey
Can be for daily drivers, but for restoration on large scale it is imperative, it'll save you alot of time.
obviously a rotessori would be the better option. not quite sure I would trust that cradle dolly.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:49 PM
hemi4109
Veteran

Originally Posted by QuadCabLuv
obviously a rotessori would be the better option. not quite sure I would trust that cradle dolly.
Yeah you'd definately want something that can turn it any which way without having it look like it would fall off per the picture. I guess in a pinch or on a budget, that might be a decent solution.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 AM
dman12323
Veteran

Roundabouts are just about as bad as stop signs maybe even worse. They're is always going to be that one soccer mom with the hugh *** rimmed Denali or tahoe who have nearly 5 minutes before they pick their brats up from school. They enter the roundabout and get all the way over in the left lane (some roundabouts have 2 or 3 lanes) and after a few minutes of driving in a circle they finally find their turn. So in the process of realizing her turn is right around the corner she cuts off multiple cars while she skids into her turn to make it to the school. This is exactly why roundabouts are stupid and dangerous. I know most people are good at driving and blah blah blah. But the fact is, there's always that idiot on the road that will never follow the rules of the road despite how many times citations or accidents they end up in.And could you also imagine a semi truck trying to do a roundabout? His tandem wheels would literally block both lanes on the roundabout screeching traffic to a straight halt while we wait for this 18 wheeler to slowly move out of the way. You can't even put law enforcement officers at an intersection. (Where I live you can't) The people barely listen to the LEO when the traffic signals are down! The day they start building roundabouts is the day I lift my truck 18 inches and put 52' mud grapplers and run over every car inside that intersection. Yes im one of those people that run over the curb median strip when the sign says " right turn only" You gotta do what you gotta do....

Old 08-25-2013, 01:11 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
YES!!! I have been waiting for a tuner to come out for my 12v for so long!!!

Old 08-25-2013, 01:56 AM
Johnn123
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dman12323
Roundabouts are just about as bad as stop signs maybe even worse. They're is always going to be that one soccer mom with the hugh *** rimmed Denali or tahoe who have nearly 5 minutes before they pick their brats up from school. They enter the roundabout and get all the way over in the left lane (some roundabouts have 2 or 3 lanes) and after a few minutes of driving in a circle they finally find their turn. So in the process of realizing her turn is right around the corner she cuts off multiple cars while she skids into her turn to make it to the school. This is exactly why roundabouts are stupid and dangerous. I know most people are good at driving and blah blah blah. But the fact is, there's always that idiot on the road that will never follow the rules of the road despite how many times citations or accidents they end up in.And could you also imagine a semi truck trying to do a roundabout? His tandem wheels would literally block both lanes on the roundabout screeching traffic to a straight halt while we wait for this 18 wheeler to slowly move out of the way. You can't even put law enforcement officers at an intersection. (Where I live you can't) The people barely listen to the LEO when the traffic signals are down! The day they start building roundabouts is the day I lift my truck 18 inches and put 52' mud grapplers and run over every car inside that intersection. Yes im one of those people that run over the curb median strip when the sign says " right turn only" You gotta do what you gotta do....
Thats exactly why I`m sayin have law enforcement in there. Give people in the roundabouts a reason to behave! I think you should do an 18" lift and 52" mud grapplers on general principles

Old 08-25-2013, 06:53 AM
tired old man
Veteran

My brother in law built a car rotisserie when he finally decided to do a total restoration on his'53 MGB.

He had seen one somewhere before but did not have any dimensions to work with so it was a learn as you go project, yet it turned out exceedingly well. He could pick up the car body and turn it completely over or stop at any point. This was invaluable when he started cutting out the floor pan and welding in new bits.

When he finished the job the car was in nearly concours condition. He usually won in his class when he would show the car.

He also used the rig on several other cars he did total restoration on. The last was a Trebant. When he found the car there was a 6” tree growing through the floor and out the roof. He had to cut several trees to get the body out of where it had set for nearly 30 years.

Fortunately the previous owner had taken the engine out and had that under a musty old tarp in a shed so it wasn't in too bad of shape. On that one the frame and floor were pretty much toast so had to be completely fabricated and replaced. Somewhere he had turned up a lot of stainless steel that was thick enough to make a new floor pan out of.

Seemed a tad expensive for a Trebantbut who am I to say what other folks spend their money on.

When it was finished I have to admit it looked pretty darn good but it was terribly slow {it topped out at around 45MPH} even though it could be licensed for use on the highways.

I wonder if my sister has any picturesof those cars. I'll have to find out and try to post some.

Last edited by tired old man; 08-25-2013 at 06:57 AM.
Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Rpm90001
Amateur

Felt like me clutch on my 97 f150 was slipping under load..so pulled transmission changed clutch. Put it back together and took for ride. No change same slip. Turned out to be arcing plug wire. Lesson learned.

Old 08-25-2013, 01:41 PM
BBartow
Captain
Old 08-25-2013, 03:04 PM
Jigabop
Champion

I would not run 15% ethanol gasoline in my S10s 2.5L if that says anything....

that kinda ethanol content should only be run in a "flex fuel" vehicle.

while it wont hurt your engine, it WILL hurt your fuel system. Alcohol is corrosive to stock fuel lines, fuel pump seals, and likely your injector lines as well. so running it in a car not equipped to handle it like a flex fuel car is, will cause all kinds of fuel system problems over time.

as for wally-worlds automotive section:

they have everything I need from them in that section

they have cheap 2-cycle oil by the gallon for my truck (I mix 128:1 with my diesel fuel to help lubricate the injection pump and injectors) and they have OEM Mopar oil filters for my cummins! oh and cheap bug wash for the windshield...

everything else I get elsewhere. engine oil trans oil xfer case oil and diff oil all comes from Amsoil (I have an account with them so I pay several dollars a quart less than the prices you see on their site)

parts I get from whoever has them in stock lol unless it is performance related, then it comes from a select few vendors whom I have done a lot of business with

Last edited by Jigabop; 08-25-2013 at 03:09 PM.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread