2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Just cranked out 140 bucks to get a chainsaw carb rebuilt, all fuel lines replaced. (and a new chain...) Thank You whoever decided added alcohol to our fuel was a good idea.

Found a source for racing gas.... 110 octane. It's even leaded. But, 7 bucks a gallon? Nah. I don't think so.
I've done all that myself.

Working on a chainsaw is a b1tch and a half depending on who made it. The saw I worked on was a poulan and I had to almost entirely remove the carb to get the hoses into the gas tank.
Originally Posted by BBartow
I want to Seafoam my truck, but I'm pretty sure the neighbors would call the cops.
You can still do the gas first. Then wait until you're at a friends house to do the engine.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:17 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by BBartow
I want to Seafoam my truck, but I'm pretty sure the neighbors would call the cops.
I drove out in to the boonies. (which really isn't that far around here...... right out in my driveway now.....)

Old 08-25-2013, 10:20 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Just cranked out 140 bucks to get a chainsaw carb rebuilt, all fuel lines replaced. (and a new chain...) Thank You whoever decided added alcohol to our fuel was a good idea.

Found a source for racing gas.... 110 octane. It's even leaded. But, 7 bucks a gallon? Nah. I don't think so.

Nearest pure gas station is 20 miles......
if you can't get pure gas you should at least spend a bit extra money and get premium gas for your small engines even if it contains ethanol. its not like they use that much each year.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
if you can't get pure gas you should at least spend a bit extra money and get premium gas for your small engines even if it contains ethanol. its not like they use that much each year.
I burn thru four gallons every time I mow my lawn...... Been thru five in the power washer already, and I haven't even had it a month. Chainsaws see regular duty around here.... clearing out my dead trees. (though I am running out.... but, not yet.) Not to mention helping a friend do side jobs. (cutting trees.) Just did one today. And now I am paying for it...... Gonna go to bed soon, take some painkillers, pass out. Sounds like a good plan.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:23 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

We use 89 for the small engines as that's what Echo specifies.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

I burn thru four gallons every time I mow my lawn...... Been thru five in the power washer already, and I haven't even had it a month. Chainsaws see regular duty around here.... clearing out my dead trees. (though I am running out.... but, not yet.) Not to mention helping a friend do side jobs. (cutting trees.) Just did one today. And now I am paying for it...... Gonna go to bed soon, take some painkillers, pass out. Sounds like a good plan.
well you could move up here and pay $5/gallon for the stuff. personally i figure if running premium gas will save me money in the long run it is worth it. plus its not like it cost you that much more a year to run premium instead of regular.

Old 08-25-2013, 10:35 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

True, but, I don't think it will save me anything. If it still has alcohol, it is still going to eat the fuel system at the same rate. Keep in mind, the saw getting repaired has been burning gasahol for ten years or more..... The line in the tank finally just dried up, and fell apart. (saw would run if you held it at the right angle.... but, that is not always practical. )

Old 08-25-2013, 10:41 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

true. as long as you keep using it might be ok to run ethanol gas. it is just when it is going to sit that you might want to get ethanol free gas for it or add some of the start tron fuel additive like during winter.

Old 08-25-2013, 11:11 PM
BBartow
Captain
Old 08-25-2013, 11:53 PM
dman12323
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exactly for the semi trucks

And not a soccer mom but this explains the scenario that could happen perfectly.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread