2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2013, 03:19 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
You have no idea what you're missing. The entire run is everything of complete awesome.

I'm itching to watch the finale tomorrow night.
I have a feeling I might end up watching the previous seasons at some point.

Originally Posted by Jigabop
good show. the walking dead is a great show too

speaking of...season 3 should be on netflix now! time to cash in my additional free month and then cancel again on the last day like last time! lol

(haven't paid a dime for netflix but they sent me an additional free trial cause I canceled and didn't renew for over a year)
Netflix? I never use Netflix..... It's called pirating!

Old 09-30-2013, 03:49 PM
BBartow
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking

The finale of Breaking Bad was awesome. 2 weeks till The Walking Dead!

Old 09-30-2013, 04:21 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Well last night my parents took my sister to the ER, was admitted for pneumonia. it's bad because she already has asthma to top that all off. We are hoping she can come home tomorrow afternoon but personally I think that's a little quick.

At any rate I've been even more lonely now that I've been running the farm alot by myself for the past week or so. And I'm tired too lol...

Old 09-30-2013, 05:52 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Netflix? I never use Netflix..... It's called pirating!
been there, done that. Costs money still and 95% of the time the stuff you want gets taken down or the quality is garbage.

I gave up on it and started renting redbox blurays and ripping them myself to mkv using h264 + AC3 codecs to get them down to a more space friendly size. so I still get 720-1080p quality (depends on how good the effects are as to what resolution I rip them in) and I still get 5.1 digital surround sound that my receiver picks up as dolby digital, but it's really AC3 format.

works out to a 2-3GB 720p file, or a 7-10GB 1080p file per movie that I store on my NAS

just bought a new hard drive a week ago to expand my storage a bit as well... newegg had 4TB drives for $150 shipped.

Originally Posted by BBartow
The finale of Breaking Bad was awesome. 2 weeks till The Walking Dead!
walking dead FTW!
Originally Posted by aofarrell2
At any rate I've been even more lonely now that I've been running the farm alot by myself for the past week or so. And I'm tired too lol...
well then get back to work ya lazy bum!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:07 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

been there, done that. Costs money still and 95% of the time the stuff you want gets taken down or the quality is garbage.

I gave up on it and started renting redbox blurays and ripping them myself to mkv using h264 + AC3 codecs to get them down to a more space friendly size. so I still get 720-1080p quality (depends on how good the effects are as to what resolution I rip them in) and I still get 5.1 digital surround sound that my receiver picks up as dolby digital, but it's really AC3 format.

works out to a 2-3GB 720p file, or a 7-10GB 1080p file per movie that I store on my NAS

just bought a new hard drive a week ago to expand my storage a bit as well... newegg had 4TB drives for $150 shipped.

walking dead FTW!

Dude I'm no lazy bum, I'm tired because I've been watching and working on the farm and doing most of the chores. So that's a bad statement to make...

lol...

I did some mowing and yard cleanup today, made progress but got a long way to go yet.

Old 09-30-2013, 08:12 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

walking dead FTW!

Actually for tv shows good quality files are available, mkv usually 720P in the 1Gb range for an hour show.

It's the cam recordings that suck *****....

And can't wait for The Walking Dead return too!

Old 10-01-2013, 10:47 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by aofarrell2
Well last night my parents took my sister to the ER, was admitted for pneumonia. it's bad because she already has asthma to top that all off. We are hoping she can come home tomorrow afternoon but personally I think that's a little quick.

Hope your sister is ok..... Keep us posted there please.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:15 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Hope your sister is ok..... Keep us posted there please.
She's doing better today, off of oxygen to see how she does, x-ray shows it's cleared up somewhat, so they're going to try to take her outside for a walk and see how she does. Then it's up to the doctor whether she gets released today or tomorrow. I'll post updates as they come.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:41 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by stewie01
Actually for tv shows good quality files are available, mkv usually 720P in the 1Gb range for an hour show.

It's the cam recordings that suck *****....

And can't wait for The Walking Dead return too!
It was getting pretty hard to find stuff in 720p and 1080p that had surround sound.

most of the stuff I saw posted was mp3 audio. wtf do I want mp3 audio when I have a surround sound receiver that does both dolby digital and DTS hardware decoding?! not to mention when I can't have the surround cranked, I have 7.1 surround sound headphones!

just tends to be easier to rip them myself. less headache and I control the quality.

app I use to rip is super simple to use. DVDFab 9.

use the ripper function and it has mkv-h264-ac3 as one of the default options... you can then edit it from there, and tell it what resolution, what quality at that resolution, audio sampling rate, subtitle options...etc.

I hate how most do their subtitles...

I set it to only rip and show forced subtitles (when they are speaking a foreign language) and have it direct render to video (burned into the video so they display whether subtitles are turned on or not) cause I hate subtitles and hate having to turn them on or off just to see the forced ones to know wtf they are saying.

anyway great program! highly recommend it! I got the latest version which came pre-cracked...crack is built into the installer, so it installs as the 100% unlocked full version

also no need for apps like dvd decrypter or anything like that...it breaks all forms of dvd/bluray encryption on the fly. even uses cuda video card acceleration to reduce video decoding and encoding times.

takes me about an hour to rip a 1080p quality bluray. puts 100% load on all 4 cores of my proc, and 50% load on the VPU and GPU processors of my GTX 680 video card.

Old 10-01-2013, 12:44 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Ordered some POR-15 today to paint my 60s

that shiz is not cheap

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread