2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-08-2013, 04:23 PM
merc225hp
Champion
Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

^^^ So what you flipped your mattress over?

Old 11-08-2013, 04:28 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by merc225hp
^^^ So what you flipped your mattress over?

Sure, we'll go with that.

Old 11-08-2013, 04:53 PM
BBartow
Captain
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ Totally awesome!

Old 11-08-2013, 07:20 PM
aofarrell2
Champion

Speaking of paint...

I noticed the paint on the hood is peeling now.

That does it.

Cab was bad enough... Now the hood too?

I pumped 15-16 gallons out of the rams tank into the 03 caravans tank. Whew. 20GPH is slow. Lol.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:28 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
^ Totally awesome!

X2. Hell YEAH!

Old 11-08-2013, 09:34 PM
Jigabop
Champion

Originally Posted by dodge_dude94
Apples to oranges again I see.

If diesels are the way to go, why don't manufactures offer only diesels and tell the EPA to shove it?
because americans are stupid and think gasoline is cleaner and better.

they are also cheaper because they are throw away motors that are not built nearly as strong which makes them not hold any value vs a diesel and wear out significantly faster than a diesel.

and it takes making them a hybrid to make them even remotely as efficient as a diesel? pathetic.

I have yet to see gasoline make a 3500 long bed pickup pull off 20+mph AVERAGE

I see stock diesels do it all the time.

oh yeah merc: I'd love to see you try to build a 318 or 360 to 500+ hp on pump gas without changing anything inside the block...pushrods, valve springs are fair game, forced induction and injectors/ignition/whatever is fair game as well...

but must use stock cam, stock pistons, stock crank, stock connecting rods, stock heads.

love to see you pull it off and have the same reliability

the complete bottom end of my engine is stock. the head is stock, the rockers and valves are stock, the cam is stock, lifters are stock. transmission is stock other than added cooling and a dual disc clutch.

drivelines and xfer case is stock, rear ends are stock. oh and it runs on #2 diesel just like it did when it was bone stock

Old 11-08-2013, 10:33 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Jig you got them Neon springs dont forget about those

Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,385 Likes on 3,125 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
because americans are stupid and think gasoline is cleaner and better.

they are also cheaper because they are throw away motors that are not built nearly as strong which makes them not hold any value vs a diesel and wear out significantly faster than a diesel.

and it takes making them a hybrid to make them even remotely as efficient as a diesel? pathetic.

I have yet to see gasoline make a 3500 long bed pickup pull off 20+mph AVERAGE

I see stock diesels do it all the time.

oh yeah merc: I'd love to see you try to build a 318 or 360 to 500+ hp on pump gas without changing anything inside the block...pushrods, valve springs are fair game, forced induction and injectors/ignition/whatever is fair game as well...

but must use stock cam, stock pistons, stock crank, stock connecting rods, stock heads.

love to see you pull it off and have the same reliability

the complete bottom end of my engine is stock. the head is stock, the rockers and valves are stock, the cam is stock, lifters are stock. transmission is stock other than added cooling and a dual disc clutch.

drivelines and xfer case is stock, rear ends are stock. oh and it runs on #2 diesel just like it did when it was bone stock
Gasoline doesn't put out near the volume of soot that a diesel does. Emissions controls on gas engines don't compromise power on near the scale that diesels have to deal with.

Gasoline is upwards of 70 cents a gallon cheaper than diesel here. I can average 13-14 MPG in my daily driving.

Maintenance on my gas engine is a lot cheaper. I can get my oil changed by someone else, while I sit in a comfy chair, and read a book, for 22 bucks. You can't even buy your oil for that.

That diesel engine is still bolted into the same truck as my gas engine, and all those parts wear at the same rate. (actually, probably faster for front end parts, due to the additional weight of the diesel.) I will grant that your engine will probably still be in good shape, long after the rest of the truck has become useless.

Diesels have their advantages, but, they have their drawbacks as well. You are happy with your oil burner. Good for you. I am happy with my gasser. Good for me.

Would I like to have a diesel? Yep. But, given the cost difference between the gas, and diesel trucks..... I am going to stick with gas. (unless a REALLY good deal comes down the pike.)

Old 11-09-2013, 12:32 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Gasoline doesn't put out near the volume of soot that a diesel does. Emissions controls on gas engines don't compromise power on near the scale that diesels have to deal with.

Gasoline is upwards of 70 cents a gallon cheaper than diesel here. I can average 13-14 MPG in my daily driving.

Maintenance on my gas engine is a lot cheaper. I can get my oil changed by someone else, while I sit in a comfy chair, and read a book, for 22 bucks. You can't even buy your oil for that.

That diesel engine is still bolted into the same truck as my gas engine, and all those parts wear at the same rate. (actually, probably faster for front end parts, due to the additional weight of the diesel.) I will grant that your engine will probably still be in good shape, long after the rest of the truck has become useless.

Diesels have their advantages, but, they have their drawbacks as well. You are happy with your oil burner. Good for you. I am happy with my gasser. Good for me.

Would I like to have a diesel? Yep. But, given the cost difference between the gas, and diesel trucks..... I am going to stick with gas. (unless a REALLY good deal comes down the pike.)

Volkswagen and Nissan both have diesel engine systems that burn cleaner than any gas powered engine.

Fuel may be higher for a diesel, but the mileage and performance actually reduces that cost. The lifetime maintenance costs would have to be reviewed before claiming that the gasser is cheaper to own.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread