2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:00 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01

A ha ha ha ha That suuuuuurrrreeee would have been funny had Achmed been able to grab the knife and stab the boyfriend in self-defense.

The stupidity of people knows no bounds.

Old 12-18-2013, 07:03 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Chic's pretty cute though

Old 12-18-2013, 07:12 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,381 Likes on 3,121 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
A ha ha ha ha That suuuuuurrrreeee would have been funny had Achmed been able to grab the knife and stab the boyfriend in self-defense.

The stupidity of people knows no bounds.
Yeah, gotta love (un)reality TV....... or not.

That is one of the reasons I don't watch broadcast television any more. Nothing worth watching.....

Old 12-18-2013, 08:29 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Jigabop
they still do...

but it is a V8 not an inline 6 lol.

they also used to make a 289ci v8

you and your 12v's

put some head studs on there, get a thick head gasket on there, and put a turbo on it
Look closer bud you might notice the head studs that are already installed. Also that's a multi-layered steel head gasket. I would do new rod bolts and main studs if I were to run boost though. Maybe on the next one.

Last edited by Wombat Ranger; 12-18-2013 at 08:31 PM.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:40 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Well my great looking truck isn't so great looking anymore....................Or at least on the passenger side it isn't. My family and I had gone down to California last weekend for a memorial service for my dad. Had zero issues on the way down other than when I got to Cal. I found out I had a blown axle seal on the rear axle.

We headed home Monday and we talked about driving straight thru like we had on the way down to Cal. but decided to stop and spend the night instead. Got up Tuesday morning and started driving but had to stop after about an hour because I wasn't feeling well. So the wife took over the driving duties which was fine. I was asleep when I awoken by a loud BANG........................!!!!! and bump only to see the center of a on and off ramp coming at me. The wife had hit some ice and had slid into the guard rail. Tore up the front bumper cover, bent the center support, broke the fog light lens and ripped off 1/3rd of the front fender flare. So that was the damage to the front. Next as she steered away from the front hitting the guard rail the rear took a beating too. Bent rear bumper, dented lower rear quarter panel, cracked rear fender flare, no longer round exhaust tip.

Good things out of all this is that no one was hurt. Sad part was that NO ONE stopped to see if we were OK.

Went to the body shop Friday and got the estimate on the repairs. More good news, The cost of the front bumper is about $1,800 and the rear is $700. So after my deductible I have $2,000 to use towards my front and rear bumpers. I am going to get the new Smittybuilt M1 bumpers front & rear plus run a 15,000lb Smittybuilt winch with the front bumper. Body shop can't get the truck in until 6 January so I have to drive it around for a few weeks all dented up.

Old 12-18-2013, 08:50 PM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Very sorry to hear that. Glad you and yours are okay though.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:08 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Well my great looking truck isn't so great looking anymore....................Or at least on the passenger side it isn't. My family and I had gone down to California last weekend for a memorial service for my dad. Had zero issues on the way down other than when I got to Cal. I found out I had a blown axle seal on the rear axle.

We headed home Monday and we talked about driving straight thru like we had on the way down to Cal. but decided to stop and spend the night instead. Got up Tuesday morning and started driving but had to stop after about an hour because I wasn't feeling well. So the wife took over the driving duties which was fine. I was asleep when I awoken by a loud BANG........................!!!!! and bump only to see the center of a on and off ramp coming at me. The wife had hit some ice and had slid into the guard rail. Tore up the front bumper cover, bent the center support, broke the fog light lens and ripped off 1/3rd of the front fender flare. So that was the damage to the front. Next as she steered away from the front hitting the guard rail the rear took a beating too. Bent rear bumper, dented lower rear quarter panel, cracked rear fender flare, no longer round exhaust tip.

Good things out of all this is that no one was hurt. Sad part was that NO ONE stopped to see if we were OK.

Went to the body shop Friday and got the estimate on the repairs. More good news, The cost of the front bumper is about $1,800 and the rear is $700. So after my deductible I have $2,000 to use towards my front and rear bumpers. I am going to get the new Smittybuilt M1 bumpers front & rear plus run a 15,000lb Smittybuilt winch with the front bumper. Body shop can't get the truck in until 6 January so I have to drive it around for a few weeks all dented up.
That sucks. But bumpers can be replaced. Lives can't. Glad you're all ok!

Old 12-18-2013, 09:28 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by Ham Bone
Working on the axle swap tomorrow! Came home to flat tire on the truck but it's ok! 8 lugs going in soon!

Great news, hope the weather holds for you and you can work on the truck. Make sure you take some pictures to share with us.

Old 12-18-2013, 09:35 PM
Ham Bone
Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
Great news, hope the weather holds for you and you can work on the truck. Make sure you take some pictures to share with us.
There will be plenty of pics! I will post them in my swap thread. I hope to paint the front 60 and start pulling the 44 out. Might be able finish pulling it out. Then off to Craigslist it goes!

High of 59 tomorrow with low winds. Yep you read that right 59 degrees Fahrenheit

Old 12-19-2013, 02:36 AM
Wombat Ranger
Grand Champion

Jeep motor is going on tomorrow. Here's a pic of it all together after fighting many many challenges along the way.

I don't know if I have shown a picture of the actual jeep on this forum. Here it is sitting a bit nose high from lack of drivetrain.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread