2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2010, 05:49 PM
SplatSTi
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1 House project down, I couldnt have done it without my Dodge

Had to pull out the old wood siding due to it rotting out.

All siding that needed to be replaced out.

Putting the new stuff back in

Nearly there!!

YAY I'm done! Had to buy a taller ladder, lol Just need to cork and paint now.

Not bad for a computer nerd

Old 08-29-2010, 09:02 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Good job. I really need to get some pictures up of my dad's house. We have been working on it for almost a year now. New bathroom, kitchen, plumbing, A/C and heat, flooring, crawlspace insulation, and a billion other things. Too bad I didnt take any before pics.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:08 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Ah, the joys of homeownership.

One day, we decided to 'fix' the entry door on the east side of our house. So, peeled off the trim, tore of some of the ugly paneling, removed the old lathe and plaster, to reveal the door frame, which had rotted out..... Well, we found a couple studs that looked kinda bad, so, figgered we peel the wall back a bit further, and fix those too. So, off comes some more paneling/lathe/plaster.... to show us that the folks that installed the window, hadn't a clue of what they were doing.... so, thought it would be a good idea to fix that as well...... and since there was another window a few feet down, that was of the same vintage.... we figgered (correctly, as it turns out) that one was screwed up too.... so, peeled the wall back a little further..... yep, window was screwed up too. Well, at this point, there was only about three feet of wall left..... and yep, figgered, in for a penny, in for a pound.

When my wife got home from work, she pulled into the drive to find the ENTIRE outside dining room wall missing..... and the roof supported by jacks...... she wasn't happy.

Next day, got materials, put it all back together, the right way this time..... rewired, insulated, drywalled, mudded, sanded, painted. Got the siding up outside, but, didn't have time to paint it before the wife got home again. She was MUCH happier to see a wall there again, and when she came inside, looked around the room, and told us:

"Ya know..... now that you have it finished, that looks MUCH better than the rest of the old paneling, why don't you guys rip it down, and re-drywall the rest of the room?"

And that is exactly what we did..... the project that kept on giving.

Shoulda seen the look on her face when she came home the day we decided to put the new floor in the living room. The boards were old, rotted, and unsalvageable. She came home to a big Hole where the living room used to be. Wish I had a camera for the look on her face.

Old 08-29-2010, 10:35 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

HeyYou, it sounds like fun. Tommorow I get to help my dad put in a new door to the patio which there was never one there. I'll make sure to get some pics of it and our other projects.

Old 08-29-2010, 11:37 PM
nopower318
Veteran

Took the truck to the junkyard, looked around and found some spare parts for the Vic and put a couple miles on her.

Old 08-30-2010, 12:43 PM
Maxx_Magnum
Record Breaker
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

My truck found herself another friend on Saturday at the wedding we were at... I tried to find out who owned it and I think it belongs to one of my cousins coworkers maybe, but they're an older couple apparently... Doesn't seem like a truck that an old guy would drive, maybe he bought it like this, I dunno...

I was gonna go out after the dinner and write a note that said 'dodgeforum.com' and stick it in his window or something, but they left before I got a chance to....

Name:  08August10486Custom.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  98.6 KB

Name:  08August10485Custom.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  103.2 KB

Name:  08August10479Custom.jpg
Size:  68.5 KB

Name:  08August10477Custom.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  65.0 KB

Name:  08August10504Custom.jpg
Size:  59.1 KB

I've never seen one of those cowl covers on these trucks, never even realized they made em...
Name:  08August10476Custom.jpg
Views: 13
Size:  62.9 KB

Old 08-30-2010, 04:22 PM
lane
Veteran

well i sold the truck for 450$ lol

Old 08-30-2010, 05:35 PM
dodgeram07
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by lane
well i sold the truck for 450$ lol
damn.

Old 08-30-2010, 06:09 PM
lane
Veteran

It was worth more, but i just wanted to get clear of it so i can buy something else. not like i payed anything for it or anything so i never took any loss. only had 140k (kilometers) on it so the motor/transmission are mint but the front part of the chassis it rusted badly so i didn't feel like spending a bunch of money on it for it to break in half a year later lol.

Old 08-30-2010, 07:41 PM
lane
Veteran

probably end up getting... a 4x4 chev. i know i know but chev's are far more common here and from what i can tell are less problematic. For some reason people around here think their dodges with fried tannys and leaking plenums are worth way more than book value . But if i can find a decent old 2nd gen I might look into it.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread