2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2010, 04:25 PM
DukesOfHazzard
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

HAHAHA applies to alot of places!

Old 12-17-2010, 04:34 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Sheriff420
Haha, you Michigan folks ought to like this one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XsR0DeY7f1g&feature=aso
Scarily accurate.......

I always love the folks you see, right after the first snow..... in their 4x4s that are whipping along at 60, and then discover that: While four wheel drive may help you get going in the snow and ice, it does absolutely nothing for helping you stop..... I always giggle maniacally when they blast past em, and a few miles later, I see them in a huge snowbank..... generally with wrinkled sheet metal.

And yes, I live in Michigan.

Old 12-17-2010, 06:42 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I may be a bad man for it, but when someone blows past me on a snowy road and later ends up in the ditch, I will not stop to help unless there's an injury. I think it important for them to suffer their consequences (if they're not life threatening) in order to learn.

Old 12-17-2010, 08:38 PM
lane
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

and then you get charged for leaving the scene of an accident!!!!!! lol

Old 12-18-2010, 07:21 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

grrrr...im getting very impatiant......my fiancee says she bought me some things for the truck, and said it was stuff that she heard me say i wanted.....i have no idea......i cant wait to see what she got me.........its got to be a timing set, 2500 coils and leafs, dual exhaust.....i dont know, im very anxious....

Old 12-18-2010, 08:58 AM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
I may be a bad man for it, but when someone blows past me on a snowy road and later ends up in the ditch, I will not stop to help unless there's an injury. I think it important for them to suffer their consequences (if they're not life threatening) in order to learn.
Same here, except I stop to spit on the driver.

Old 12-18-2010, 09:06 AM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by lane
and then you get charged for leaving the scene of an accident!!!!!! lol
Not if you didn't see the accident, "I swear, I was messing with the radio when I was on that section of road and I didn't see anyone in the ditch..."

Then again, I don't think cops will chase you down for something like that when the roads are icy.

Old 12-18-2010, 10:52 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Not if you didn't see the accident, "I swear, I was messing with the radio when I was on that section of road and I didn't see anyone in the ditch..."

Then again, I don't think cops will chase you down for something like that when the roads are icy.
Only if you were directly involved. Now, if you bumped the dipstick off the road.... they may, (or, may not.....) take exception to that type of behavior.

Old 12-18-2010, 06:41 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion

When the roads get really ugly in those parts of Colorado where the idiot density is greatest (along the Front Range, from Pueblo to Fort Collins) they declare an "Accident Alert" -- unless there's an injury you don't call the cops to the scene of your accident, just exchange information, handle your own problems, and make a report later. The cops are so busy at those times that they're not chasing anybody down for anything.

In rural Colorado where the idiot density is low, the cops are few and far between and generally not so rabid. If there's one around when you pass a ditched moron, he's on the way to help the moron anyway and isn't going to futz around with you.

I've never been given any grief for passing a ditched idiot, unless it came later from the idiot himself. That's happened to me a couple times. I still figure that it'd be doing the ditched idiot a disservice to deprive him of his learning experience.

Old 12-20-2010, 07:56 AM
95RAM360
Grand Champion
Received 45 Likes on 40 Posts

i woke up this morning to find snow on the ground......theres no work because of it, but hey i get to have some fun in the RAM today!

pics to come

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread