2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen RAM Forum OT thread

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 03:43 PM
jasonw
Site Moderator
Dodge Forum Moderator
Received 23 Likes on 12 Posts

I don't know about the setup. He was already turning right (watch the steering wheel angle) and I think he expected it to keep going right, and it didn't.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
Sheriff420
Grand Champion
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

He kept going straight because his front wheels were off the ground and there was nothing he could do. The road drops too much to keep the front wheels on the ground with how fast he was going.

Old 08-26-2012, 04:16 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea his front wheels came off the ground. If you watch close you can see when the car comes back down right before impact.. lol i guess you should know the road better before going out and playing ricky bobby

Old 08-26-2012, 04:29 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonw
I don't know about the setup. He was already turning right (watch the steering wheel angle) and I think he expected it to keep going right, and it didn't.
Originally Posted by Sheriff420
He kept going straight because his front wheels were off the ground and there was nothing he could do. The road drops too much to keep the front wheels on the ground with how fast he was going.
Originally Posted by dlyter09
Yea his front wheels came off the ground. If you watch close you can see when the car comes back down right before impact.. lol i guess you should know the road better before going out and playing ricky bobby

Well I'll be....

After a more careful re-watch, ya'll are exactly right, front wheels came off the ground....

Stupid kid....

Edit: I'd like to see the carnage to the front of that car!

Double Edit: If he had a heavy *** Ram the front end would have stayed on the ground!

Last edited by stewie01; 08-26-2012 at 04:31 PM.
Old 08-26-2012, 10:42 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talk about STUCK:

Old 08-27-2012, 08:33 AM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The truck stuck in the video posted by stewie01 looks like it was a very expensive retrieval. I have to wonder if it was some company big shot that got it stuck and used company resources to get his buggy out of the mud and snow.

Way back in the early '70's I lived in a small town in northwest Wisconsin, I owned a '47 Willis Jeep. It wasn't much, just your typical farm jeep with a home brewed snow plow. It was licensed and I use it for many things including some minor mudding for fun.

One fine bitterly cold winters night some fellows had done their best to drink the county dry then after making sure all the bars in town were closed they thought it would be fun to take their, nearly new at the time, Dodge Power wagon with the crew cab {4 doors} down the side of the railroad tracks and punch through the snow bank to get back on the street.

The snow was much deeper, wider, and more packed than they ever thought it would be and they managed to get their truck hopelessly stuck.

I heard them plaintively calling for help on my CB radio. I called the local police chief then went to where they were stuck with my little jeep.

The police chief didn't see how I could possibly get the truck out of the snow bank and said since it wasn't a licensed tow vehicle I couldn't even try.

Instead he got the fellow from the Shell station with his new wrecker to come down. The streets were covered with a nice polished layer of snow so his wrecker just slid on the ice. They decided to get the much bigger older heavy duty wrecker from the Standard station to come take a whack at it.

It too just slid on the ice. They tried lashing the two truck together and even put a houser around a utility pole but gave that up when the wires started shaking.

Finally they all gave up so I asked if I could get them out now.

They looked at my little jeep in dismay and said “Sure give it a go” I backed up a little dropped the snow plow blade moved the snow from in front and a little on the passengers side and told them to drive it out.

We had all spent several hours out in the blistering cold while the other attempts were made to get it out and I did it in just a few minutes.

No one had even thought of moving the snow but me.

Old 08-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Oldie but a goodie:

Old 08-27-2012, 05:46 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts
Old 08-27-2012, 07:53 PM
EndIsNear
Record Breaker