2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Anyone Here Fly Domestic Often?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2010, 09:38 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone Here Fly Domestic Often?

I'm planning a trip from OKC to Spokane, Washington around Christmas and want to know which airlines to avoid. I hit up a discount airfare website that had flights on Alaskan Airlines and American, to name a couple.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:42 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I've had good luck with American and Delta. It's just circumstantial as to which line is the worst on what day I think.

Old 08-19-2010, 10:54 AM
Gary-L
Legend

I flew United many times while in the Navy and never had an issue; however, it seems that in the past decade their track record has deteriorated.

Old 08-19-2010, 11:42 AM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Well, AA is still my go to on flights. We'll price them out months before the actual trip much like you are, and it always seems that about a month before the trip, they come in with the lowest price. The only issue I ever had was when I was flying out to MI back in June. Was on a very small plane (probably 50 people MAX). I had an aisle seat and the guy next to me goes,"Dude, look at this". You know that's never good. I'm expecting to see flames and smoke and what not, but it was pure hilarity what my eyes consumed. Here stands the pilot looking at the fuel pump scratching his head in a manner than can only be equated to that of a monkey who hid a banana. We never did find out what the issue was, but it was cause for the plane to leave about 30 minutes late which had me bugging out since that was how long my layover in O'hare, Chicago was.

I'm not sure which is worst by the way, the international in Chicago, or the international in Atlanta GA.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:01 PM
Gary-L
Legend

OK, I reran the search again and here is a list of airlines:
Frontier
Midwest
Alaskan
US Airways
United
Delta
American

Frontier, Midwest, and Alaskan are the most affordable of the group. The Alaskan Airline route has two changeovers -- Dallas and Portland, Or. Eff that. The other two have a changeover in Denver. I can (somewhat) deal with that.

Old 08-19-2010, 12:12 PM
Laramie1997
Grand Champion

Yea, only do one if you have to. Direct connect flights are going to be expensive anyways.

It beats flying out of Springfield Missouri to Dallas Texas, then O'Hare, then Detroit... I'll never understand that one.

Old 08-19-2010, 03:31 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Flew from chicago to Toledo on a midwest puddle jumper.... twin turbo-prop feller. a row of seats down each side..... could lean into the aisle, and look out the windshield. Coming in to toledo on a nice breezy march day...... I leaned out to look out the front, and saw the runway doing flips...... realized it was the AIRPLANE I WAS ON doing the gyrations.... sat back in my seat, and just waited for the big BOOM. Didn't happen fortunately.

I flew American, or Delta most of the time..... Never had any real issues, aside from turbulence. But, the airline doesn't have much control over that.

Old 08-19-2010, 04:01 PM
FarmBoy428
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My brother works at U.S. Airways so my dad gets his free ticket and a buddy pass. Thats the only airliner I have ever been on. There great to us. Good food, we have always flown first class. Friendly staff aboard too.

Old 08-19-2010, 07:41 PM
Gary-L
Legend

Originally Posted by FarmBoy428
My brother works at U.S. Airways so my dad gets his free ticket and a buddy pass. Thats the only airliner I have ever been on. There great to us. Good food, we have always flown first class. Friendly staff aboard too.

Yeah, but that's first class. Ever see the Seinfeld episode where Jerry is up in First Class and Elaine is back in coach?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8NienKmtknI

Old 08-20-2010, 10:08 AM
FarmBoy428
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coach ain't bad either. And I have flown coach once. But We were lucky to get the 1st class seats. We have to go on standby, we can't just hop on an go unfortunately. But yeah its not bad. Hope you guys have a good time!

Quick Reply: Anyone Here Fly Domestic Often?