2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

46RE transmission flush

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2010, 09:24 PM
helm
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 46RE transmission flush

I am the original owner of this truck and just had my 46RE transmission flushed and refilled with 11.6 quarts of a licenced brand of ATF+4 (Napa).
My truck is a 1999 5.2 litre 2 wheel drive 1500 club cab.
The transmission shop ran computer diagnostics and found no issues. I have never had any issues with this transmission but figured after 12 years and 60,000 miles I had better drain and flush the factory fill ATF+3 out of the torque converter and change the filter. I basically drive 4 miles a day back and forth to work and don't ever pull anything. I put a little firewood in the bed from time to time but thats about all the stress I put on this tranny....other than intown driving. I read that ATF+4 is a much better oil than ATF+3 and think that I should never have to change tranny fluid in this thing again. Transmission shop said they only had to make a small adjustment on one band after 60,000 miles. The other bands did not need adjusting. Are there other 46RE owners have the same good luck that I have had their 46RE?

Quick Reply: 46RE transmission flush