2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Got new tires today! PIC's View!

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 11:12 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Who the hell buys tires at Walmart? The fools there can barely get an oil drain plug in, and you trust them with mounting, balancing, and installing?

My "Cheap, crappy" Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmour tires are some of the best A/Ts on the market, and they really show it. They are fantastic in rain, handle and ride ver well. I cant wait to see how they do in snow this winter. And I got them $100 cheaper than you at a reputable local shop. For the price you paid, you should have got some Revos or Michelin LTX A/T 2s.

Last edited by PurplDodge; 10-27-2010 at 11:19 PM.
Old 11-02-2010, 04:52 PM
tbotello
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The best thing to do is look around first though. I got my 315/70/17 Yokohama Geolander A/T's for $177 a piece(total of 830 something including frieght and taxes). I looked at different brands and went to different places before I bought them.

Old 11-02-2010, 09:59 PM
redseal
Rookie

Nice looking truck tbotello!! Perfect height.

Old 11-03-2010, 10:39 AM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How do you like those Yoko's, tbotello?
My dad has the HT's on his truck and I was wondering how you liked them on yours.
I don't need tires yet, but I've heard that there is some balancing issues with the ones I've got on it.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:36 PM
TheBigRedOne

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
My "Cheap, crappy" Goodyear Wrangler SilentArmour tires are some of the best A/Ts on the market, and they really show it. .
Says who, says you? Lets see some road test reports to support that claim. All I'll say about Goodyear All/Mud terrain tires, is that nobody races on them. If that doesn't say enough out them, I'm not sure what does.

General tires are getting reallll popular with the Desert crowd. They're very affordable, and work extremely well. The Red labels are a direct competitor for the BFG Baja T/A, and the AT2 is competes with the BFG AT TA/KO. I'd recommend General all day long. I've raced on them and I love them.

Old 11-09-2010, 03:46 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,382 Likes on 3,122 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne
Says who, says you? Lets see some road test reports to support that claim. All I'll say about Goodyear All/Mud terrain tires, is that nobody races on them. If that doesn't say enough out them, I'm not sure what does.

General tires are getting reallll popular with the Desert crowd. They're very affordable, and work extremely well. The Red labels are a direct competitor for the BFG Baja T/A, and the AT2 is competes with the BFG AT TA/KO. I'd recommend General all day long. I've raced on them and I love them.
Racing isn't the whole world though. Every review I have found on them says they are good tires.

Old 11-09-2010, 05:32 PM
TheBigRedOne

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Racing isn't the whole world though.
I'm aware of this. However, racing takes the tire to its limits and pushes it as far as it can be pushed. It's a great short term evaluation of long term longevity.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:12 PM
redheadhunter21
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your gonna reccomend general tires I had a set and would never waste a penny on them, my dad had a set last less than 20k with chunks flying off, and he didnt race the truck it towed and thats about it, between the 2 of us we got 70k out of a set of michelins and I have 12k on in my Dakota Definity M/T's(which are cheap) and they are wearing 10 times better than the General Tires.

Old 11-09-2010, 06:52 PM
PurplDodge
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by TheBigRedOne

I think that the reason nobody races on Goodyears is because the SilentArmours are not agressive enough, MT/Rs are better suited for rock crawling, and because Goodyear has made ****ty tires for the past 20 years and it leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Kinda like why some people still wont buy a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge because of their horrible QC in the past.

Yeah, says me. I drove the truck with ****ty tires and good tires, and it drives better with the good tires.

Old 11-09-2010, 08:36 PM
lane
Veteran

Originally Posted by PurplDodge
I think that the reason nobody races on Goodyears is because the SilentArmours are not agressive enough, MT/Rs are better suited for rock crawling, and because Goodyear has made ****ty tires for the past 20 years and it leaves a bad taste in peoples mouths. Kinda like why some people still wont buy a Chevy, Ford, or Dodge because of their horrible QC in the past.

Yeah, says me. I drove the truck with ****ty tires and good tires, and it drives better with the good tires.
in the past? wait a few years and the current trucks will have problems too.

Quick Reply: Got new tires today! PIC's View!