DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-146/)
-   -   Video " Sunfire stuck in the icy Mud?" (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/272426-video-sunfire-stuck-in-the-icy-mud.html)

Pacmanloads 12-14-2010 07:44 PM

Video " Sunfire stuck in the icy Mud?"

So I was Cruising through the woods the other day with a Friend drinking a couple wobbly pops when we came across this kid and his buddies who were defiantly under the influence . How they managed to get this car into the woods this far is beyond me . They begged for me to pull them out and offered to share some grass with us . I told him that he should throw it in the mud cause that is the reason he is stuck . I pulled him quite a but further than the video shows only because my friend thought i was done.....but just for fun I pulled him another 100' . Enjoy .

http://s844.photobucket.com/albums/a...t=SANY0414.mp4

[IMG]http://i844.photobucket.com/albums/a...h_SANY0414.jpg[/IMG]

DukesOfHazzard 12-14-2010 07:50 PM

wobbly pops / my new found slogan (; love it ,way to thrash on the car lol

HeyYou 12-14-2010 07:51 PM

You have an odd sense of fun. :D

DukesOfHazzard 12-14-2010 08:05 PM

Originally Posted by PurplDodge (Post 2350190)
I love watching idiots who dont know how to pull someone out of a ditch.

it's a sunfire so it does'nt matter :icon_laugh:

UnregisteredUser 12-14-2010 08:26 PM

Eh, it was a disposable car when it left the factory, so WTF. :icon_laugh:

BlueBeast2 12-15-2010 02:53 AM

That had the making of one of them vids where the guy yanks and it rips the bumper off or the axle from under the car.

Great video!

95RAM360 12-15-2010 08:28 AM

lol awesome....i use to have a sunfire, but never got stuck with it....sunfires are a good car i got rid of mine with 198K and still ran strong.

ferguson30 12-15-2010 09:34 AM

About ten years ago I was out plowing snow, and ran across a geo metro that was beached on a snow drift, front wheels off the ground. I felt sorry for the girl that was driving (probably about 18 years old). Backed up, and got the log chain out. I didn't have a shovel, so I dug under the car with my hand, and tried to find something solid, and finally found the frame (so I thought). Told her to put it in neutral, and just let me do the pulling until we got to a clear road. I took off, and soon I see her gaining on me! Finally get to clear roads, and stop, and I get out. She had driven over the log chain, and wrapped it around the front tire/axle. Got that unwrapped, and went to unhook, and realized I had hooked around the exhaust pipe. Nothing seemed to be broke fortunately.

HeyYou 12-15-2010 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by ferguson30 (Post 2350742)
About ten years ago I was out plowing snow, and ran across a geo metro that was beached on a snow drift, front wheels off the ground. I felt sorry for the girl that was driving (probably about 18 years old). Backed up, and got the log chain out. I didn't have a shovel, so I dug under the car with my hand, and tried to find something solid, and finally found the frame (so I thought). Told her to put it in neutral, and just let me do the pulling until we got to a clear road. I took off, and soon I see her gaining on me! Finally get to clear roads, and stop, and I get out. She had driven over the log chain, and wrapped it around the front tire/axle. Got that unwrapped, and went to unhook, and realized I had hooked around the exhaust pipe. Nothing seemed to be broke fortunately.

ROFLMAO!!!!

The exhaust is probably the strongest part of the car..... If you scrape some paint off the body, you will find the budweiser logo underneath.

UnregisteredUser 12-15-2010 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by ferguson30 (Post 2350742)
... and realized I had hooked around the exhaust pipe. Nothing seemed to be broke fortunately.

Did a similar thing about 20 years ago in the mountains, late at night. The approach to a mountaintop camp had me at a tight Y in the road, where the left-hand side that went to the camp was very narrow and quite steep -- and some drunk 18 year old idiot in a 2WD Nissan pickup coming down had tried to make a J-turn off of it. His truck was hung up and blocking the camp road, and he flagged me down as if I had any choice but to stop anyway.

I took a good look at it while his drunk city girlfriend alternated between whining and bitching. The driver's side frame, which looked unsubstantial to me, was hung on solid rock and the rear wheel on that side was in the air. The only way to get out without tearing the truck up would be to jack and fill on both sides, and we'd have to be careful to avoid hanging the rear bumper on the rock after the rear wheel cleared it.

The other driver found that plan unacceptable because he was already late for returning his daddy's new truck clean and undamaged, and he didn't want to risk bending the bumper because his daddy had told him that he was not to take the truck off-pavement. The kid's idea was to pull the thing off of the stick, and I tried to talk him out of it because the only way to get at it would leave us doing a side pull that would surely bend the truck.

I deliberated on my options, which were to choose another camp and just leave them there; drive them down the mountain to call a very expensive off-highway wrecker; or do as the increasingly belligerent drunken idiot demanded and make the side pull that would teach him a lesson he clearly was in need of. He refused to be driven down the mountain, and then made me angry enough to teach him any lesson he was foolish enough to set in motion. I got set up and handed him the stupid end of the recovery strap.

Long story short: I tried a couple more times to talk him out of it, but in the end the Nissan got badly bent. The body was bent and torn on the driver side where it passed over the rock, and the rear axle was shifted toward the passenger side so that the wheels were nearly rubbing the fenders. And boy oh boy was the drunken idiot mad about that state of affairs.

After yelling at me that he was probably going to be kicked out of his parents' house, had no job and no place to go, and what was he supposed to do now, he untied the recovery strap from where he'd tied it on the Nissan's rear axle, loaded his drunk girlfriend into his daddy's bent new truck, and then had the audacity to ask me to follow them down the mountain because he didn't think the truck would make it. I refused, of course.

I'll bet that I slept much more soundly that night than he did.