2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

So, as far as cars go... what do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2010, 07:50 PM
98DodgeGuy
Amateur
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been in your shoes before. $3,000 buys a whole lot of gas with the ram plus you know what is fixed on it. When you buy a new(used) car you don't know whats worn out and what needs to be replaced, like timing belts, suspension, trannies, etc. Especially on a $3000 car without a warranty. Also if you sell the truck how much can you get for it 5,000? Don't get a suv you will still hate the gas mpg. I have had jeeps, blazers, volvos, and can't get better than 20mpg on a good day. Also a small car with good 4wd your options are limited. Subaru, Audi, VW(4motion), probably some others. You will also miss having a bed just to throw stuff in. You could put the truck on CL see if you get any hits to test the market. Doesn't mean you have to sell.

Ps. I also had a 3g Eclipse which was the same as the stratus. 3.0L V6. 5Spd manual FWD got about 30mpg. Great car. But timing belt and clutch cost around 1K at the dealer. Also had airbag light problems. Never left me stranded though. Sold her with 137K

Last edited by 98DodgeGuy; 12-31-2010 at 07:52 PM.

Quick Reply: So, as far as cars go... what do you recommend?