2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Belle Tire must be crazy

Old 04-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Donmega884
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs down Belle Tire must be crazy

I bought my tires from belle tire one year ago. I bought the warranty that covers free rotations. I took my truck in today to have them rotate the tires, I waited for 20 minutes and they were done (not bad)... I was called the the customer service desk thinking I was gonna get my keys and be out the door. I was informed that my whole front end needed to be re-done, Maybe so since the truck is getting old. I was listening to all the parts that needed replacing and almost fell over when he showed me the price of $1,700 for front end work lol.. I know I need new tie rods and ball joints etc etc but for $1,700 lol Belle Tire has lost their mind

Old 04-24-2012, 06:07 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Tie rod ends are pretty easy and not that expensive. Ball joints - a little more work. So I guess it is "break out the tools time" at your house!

There are several threads about ball joint replacement. Some appear to be harder than others.

DId they print out the estimate so you know all the parts that may be needed? Be sure to check pitman arm and ilder arm. A good weekend's worth of work for sure.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:29 PM
Donmega884
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that was the nice thing about having them give me a printout estimate because it has all the parts listed lol. I'm actually wrapping up a rebuild on my Saturn (gas saver) first crank is tomorrow. So as soon as I get that all wrapped up I'll tackle my front end on my Dodge.

Old 04-24-2012, 07:46 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

you have to remember most shops do charge about $100/h. if you are able to replace all the parts yourself i could see you saving about $1000. might cost you about $700 by the time it is all said and done with good quality parts like Moog.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Belle Tire must be crazy