2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Off road light pictures!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2012, 05:51 PM
nskyline34
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Off road light pictures!!

Hello everyone, I'm starting to turn my 2001 Ram 1500 QC/SB into more of a weekend wheeler and the next thing on my list are off road lights. I'm doing this truck on a college student budget so I'm not going to be buying a bumper or even fab-ing one myself (no time). So what I'm thinking about doing is just getting 4 of these:

http://www.sportsimportsltd.com/shmo...FQuCQgodMDUA0g

and then bolting them to the top of my bumper. They'd be evenly spaced out and I would have a toggle to control then inner 2 and a toggle to control the outter two.

Here is where I need everyones help, I would like to see pics of people bolting off road lights to the top of their STOCK bumpers? I know that I could just add a light bar to the front but again no $$. So lets see those front shots with some off road lights! size and qty doesnt matter.

Thanks everybody!

Old 11-05-2012, 06:41 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This could probably go to the GD Section.

This is my truck when I had some cheapo WalMart lights on bumper:

Name:  IMG_20121010_141425.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  489.6 KB

CharlieSheenWins has a Red Sport Ram, with I think lights similar to what you're looking at on his sport bumper, looks real good.

Old 11-05-2012, 06:48 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

maybe it is just me but it don't sound like you can afford off roading so i don't see much point in installing lights on the bumper and adding unnecessary weight to your truck which will help you get crappier gas mileage which you will complain about eventually

Old 11-05-2012, 07:26 PM
zman17
Retired Moderator - RIP
Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01

CharlieSheenWins has a Red Sport Ram, with I think lights similar to what you're looking at on his sport bumper, looks real good.
Not probably . But let's not scare away newbs at the same time. LOL

Old 11-05-2012, 07:27 PM
Halojm
Professional

Why not just get factory fog lights and mount them in the bumper. Or aftermarket ones you can fit in the bumper slots

Old 11-05-2012, 07:30 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

If you don't have money for a light bar, you cannot afford to take your truck off-road. Off-roading breaks things.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:32 PM
nskyline34
Rookie

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
maybe it is just me but it don't sound like you can afford off roading so i don't see much point in installing lights on the bumper and adding unnecessary weight to your truck which will help you get crappier gas mileage which you will complain about eventually
Wheeling is a sport that can be afforded at any level. Seeing as how I have to foot the bill for tuition, motocross, and maintaining 2 vehicles I am drawing the line here. I just didnt want people recommending those huge bumpers (I dont like the look of them anyways on these trucks). It already gets 11 mpg... I think I'm past that part. It's not a daily driver, just a saturday/sunday toy.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:34 PM
nskyline34
Rookie

Originally Posted by stewie01

Hell yea that's exactly what I was thinking. How many watts were those ones and what did you think of them? I was thinking about getting 4 55W Halogens from Harbor Freight ($10/ea) but idk if that will be bright enough? Then I was thinking 2 120W ones and then 2 55's.

Old 11-05-2012, 07:36 PM
nskyline34
Rookie

Originally Posted by UnregisteredUser
If you don't have money for a light bar, you cannot afford to take your truck off-road. Off-roading breaks things.
I'm not going to spend $300+ on a light bar that does nothing. I'd rather throw that money at a driveline or axles when they break. but seen as how right now i'm limiting myself to the pasture (just grass, gravel, and mud) I dont see me breaking anything any time soon. My present to me once I grad will be a Cherokee on 35's to wheel. this is just a cheap toy to learn the basics with

Old 11-05-2012, 07:39 PM
nskyline34
Rookie

Originally Posted by Halojm
Why not just get factory fog lights and mount them in the bumper. Or aftermarket ones you can fit in the bumper slots
Already have the fog lights. The issue I'm trying to solve (aside from more light in general) is when I'm out at night I cant see to the sides at all. I originally said 4 lights because the 2 in the center would be to help out the driving lights and just get more light out in front, while the two sides ones I'm planning on angling off to the sides a little for more light on the sides when turning....

Quick Reply: Off road light pictures!!