2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

How many vehicle's did you pull out so far this season?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2012, 12:45 AM
My360
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default How many vehicle's did you pull out so far this season?

More snow and our city doing the worst job imaginable at plowing, lead's to numerous people (not knowing how to drive) in the snowbanks. So far this season, I'm up to 3 Ford pickups, 2 GM's and countless cars.
When I owned my first car (a Celica) I learned the value of a good deed, fast. Stranded in a ditch one night, a passer-by pulled me out and wouldn't except my money for thanks.

I figured it's the least I could do to try and help people get unstuck, tow calls are expensive. I guess that one of the good thing's about owning a Ram.

Last edited by My360; 12-31-2012 at 01:11 AM.
Old 12-31-2012, 03:57 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Haven't pulled anyone out, but I did get to get winched out of the mud...

Old 12-31-2012, 10:25 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker

I pulled myself out of my driveway, does that count lol.

Old 12-31-2012, 10:57 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 349 Likes on 310 Posts

I made about $100 last time it snowed here pulling people out. Didn't ask to be paid, was volunteered to me.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:06 PM
dlyter09
Champion

I usually wont do it anymore unless I know the person or if they are out in the country around me... Had a fella that ran off the road about 3 years back. I stopped and asked if he wanted some help and he said that he did.. Well we got everything hooked up and when I was pulling him out of the ditch the chain came loose and pulled what was left of his bumper off.. It was already mostly destroyed from going over the side but he still called the cops on me saying I needed to pay for it... Needless to say you need to choose wisely on who you pull out incase any damage occurs.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:32 PM
My360
Professional

Originally Posted by dlyter09
I usually wont do it anymore unless I know the person or if they are out in the country around me... Had a fella that ran off the road about 3 years back. I stopped and asked if he wanted some help and he said that he did.. Well we got everything hooked up and when I was pulling him out of the ditch the chain came loose and pulled what was left of his bumper off.. It was already mostly destroyed from going over the side but he still called the cops on me saying I needed to pay for it... Needless to say you need to choose wisely on who you pull out incase any damage occurs.
Was this man green? Covered in fur? Sounds like you might of helped the Grinch.
That's pretty lame. Completely understand why you don't help anyone anymore.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:36 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

that is why you are suppose to let them hook up the rope or chains on there vehicle.

i don't carry any ropes or chains in my ramcharger but i have not seen anyone in the ditches yet. i do have to say the plow trucks have to doing an extremely crappy job plowing. there are a lot of street here that are a lot narrower than they are in the summer including the street i live on. the other morning instead of plowing they just dropped salt and sand.

Old 12-31-2012, 12:48 PM
dlyter09
Champion

I did let him hook it up on his own. and even told him that I wasnt to be responsible for any damages.. Either way Im more cautious now when doing it.

Old 12-31-2012, 01:11 PM
Wh1t3NuKle
Champion
Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Spring 2012 -- 1 2nd Gen Ram

Fall 2012 -- 1 newer F150

My pulls are on an unmaintained road (until this past weekend lol) that is meant for people to go play in the snow. Getting stuck is not an issue and great place for it, provided you go with friends or know many other ppl out there.

I also have the owner hook themselves up with my recommendations, yet it's still no gurantee about the outcome or attitude. Given the prevalence of phone cameras take pictures before and clearly communicate your boundaries. Good point Dlyter!!!

Old 01-02-2013, 08:23 AM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

last night pulled my buddys 90 chev 1500 he almost went for a swim

Quick Reply: How many vehicle's did you pull out so far this season?