2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Magnum's hemi eaters?

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 PM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdstock
Lexus is the luxuty line for Toyota. and Infiniti is the luxury line for Nissan. But it would not fit the marketing of Infiniti.....
Infiniti does indeed have a "skyline" its a Skyline GT 350

Old 02-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JoshSlash87
I'm 26 and will continue mine as well. I never want to get old. You're only as old as you feel, my gf says she feels old at 21 and I'm like "what the heck does that make me at 26?" lol. Its funny since I turned 26 2 weeks ago I've been thinking I'm 27, but I personally feel like I'm 17 still.

Thats part of the fun of living is getting into my Ram and giving it some juice!. I'm responsible I don't go racing in front of where kids may pop out of, or to race anything that moves, but I just like to wipe the smile off a guys face who looks down at my 2nd Gen Ram at a stop light who just spent $40,000 on his new truck. I also see nothing wrong with a stop light to stop light race which my 360 Ram is pretty much king of unless theres a newer Diesel truck beside me, then I either work for it hard or lose by a few cars haha.

The best race I've had with my truck was against a late 90s Ford Diesel truck (no idea the exact model or details), he was cruising up my trucks *** for the whole ave pretty much, then we met at the stop lights he gave me a nod and a cocky look and we decided to go for it on green, I went with a half throttle launch but we still almost hit eachother cuz my trucks @ss end lit up and swung out at him and his swung towards mine, so he got about 2 car lengths ahead of me when I let off to regain traction then at the end of first gear I closed the gap to fender to fender and second gear started to over take him by a half fender and then a car pulled out in front of us a few blocks down so we both shut it down and gave eachother a smile and a thumbs up for a good race.
Bear in mind, kid -- Age and treachery always overcomes youth and inexperience.

Old 02-04-2013, 12:25 AM
QuadCabLuv
Record Breaker
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

About 6 years ago I was importing parts and whatnot from Japan and in doing so i learned all bout the Skylines and their importation laws. I thought a long time about buying one but never had the money. There are several ways to purchase one already title and registered in the states. There was the ways mentioned before about bringing them through canada or dismantling them. Then there was also Motorex. They imported them and legalized them for resale. They were in Cali if i remember. I dont believe they are still in business but they brought alot of them over here. As for parts, I had a trading account over in Japan and still do. I would get a large box full of parts everyweek, r32 tailights mint condition for $40 and then sell them for $200. It made a good living but things in my life got to chaotic to keep up with all the shipping. I may get back into it again.

Theyre are plenty of used skylines out there for sale for about 20k and one day I will buy one.

Also anything over 20 yrs old is legal to import now, emissions except in most states. and they do sell the Skyline r35 over here under the Nissan badge and it is nothing like a G35.

Old 02-04-2013, 01:03 PM
kejobe
Record Breaker
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

And the GT-R only starts at $97,000. Nice and WAY out of my price range.

Old 02-05-2013, 01:40 PM
ClubCab5.9
Professional

Street racing is for douche bags.

Old 02-05-2013, 05:56 PM
dlyter09
Champion

Agreed.. If you wanna drag race take it to the track... When I had my Cobra everyone wanted to race but none would do it on a track... Granted I did race a few people on the highway but I prefer the track.

Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Yinzer
Professional

I have come to terms with how slow my truck is. I've made a sport of racing semi's and heavy equipment with it... you'd think it'd boost your ego, but try losing to a Kenny hauling a section of a modular HOUSE.
I do plan on stroking it and giving it some new heads, cam, ect. I am pretty sure a built hemi truck would still whoop my butt even after several grand of work on it. I drive a truck, not a racecar!

Old 02-06-2013, 10:34 AM
RedRocket2000
Rookie

Originally Posted by Yinzer
I have come to terms with how slow my truck is. I've made a sport of racing semi's and heavy equipment with it... you'd think it'd boost your ego, but try losing to a Kenny hauling a section of a modular HOUSE.
I do plan on stroking it and giving it some new heads, cam, ect. I am pretty sure a built hemi truck would still whoop my butt even after several grand of work on it. I drive a truck, not a racecar!
true dat brother

Old 02-09-2013, 11:48 PM
gdstock
Legend
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by redneck_ram
Infiniti does indeed have a "skyline" its a Skyline GT 350

Do they carry it under Infiniti line? If so, they have really altered philosophy since I worked as engineer for Nissan USA (and drove company car - Infiniti M30 and I30's)/

But the price may be ther reason it is not branded as a Nissan.

Old 02-10-2013, 07:23 AM
redneck_ram
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gdstock
Do they carry it under Infiniti line? If so, they have really altered philosophy since I worked as engineer for Nissan USA (and drove company car - Infiniti M30 and I30's)/

But the price may be ther reason it is not branded as a Nissan.
i think it was japan only... but i could have been in the us, not sure on that one.

Quick Reply: Magnum's hemi eaters?