2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

best type of off road lights

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2013, 06:55 PM
dlyter09
Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just run the daylighters.. I had them on my jeep and loved them.. Ran the switch right up in front of the shifter so it could be turned on and off real quick if any oncoming traffic were to appear.. They kept me from killing alot of deer.

Old 03-21-2013, 01:04 PM
zach01
Professional

Originally Posted by gdstock
The intelligence abounds. Gotta love someone that intentionally wants to blind another driver - an oncoming driver at that!

......and there is so little similarity between automotive and commercial wiring. In fact, the only similarity is wire itself - and it is NOT even the same!
it is dffrent you are right i was just stating i have the knowledge of both so i got the right way to wire down......

Old 03-21-2013, 01:07 PM
zach01
Professional

Originally Posted by dlyter09
Just run the daylighters.. I had them on my jeep and loved them.. Ran the switch right up in front of the shifter so it could be turned on and off real quick if any oncoming traffic were to appear.. They kept me from killing alot of deer.
yea i've ran them befrore i had six of the 130 watts on my old k5 blazer but i already ordered the cheap 4 knock off 6in off road lights and order 2 55w 6000k HID kits from V-led so i'll make sure to get pics posted when i get them all wired in

Old 03-21-2013, 02:27 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 2 cheapo Blazer Baja Off Road 100w lights on my truck, wired through a relay they are BRIGHT.

Edit:

They are NOT the lights in the sig pic, haven't updated it yet....

Old 03-22-2013, 10:59 PM
Mopar Mike
Veteran

I don't intentionally blind people with my lights, I use my Brush guard lights on the road every night. but turn them off for other drivers. They're only 55w. However, my roll bar lights are saved for offroad use. But when I flash someone for having their brights on, and they refuse to take the hint to turn them off, then they get bright lighted back by me, my 2 guard lights, and 4 KC's. Needless to say, they hit the lowbeams pretty damn fast. I have two facing backwards as well. They have been used on occasion by people tailgating me with their brights on. Works every time..... Except once. A Jeep Wrangler lit my world up one time. I flashed my highbeams at him asking him to turn his brights off, and he wouldn't, so I lit him up. He lit me back with 4 Lights in his grille, 2 on his mirrors, and no telling how many on his roof. I lost that battle.

Last edited by Mopar Mike; 03-22-2013 at 11:03 PM.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:59 PM
h3lzsn1p3r
Captain

I have a big 150w spotlights on my truck I wired the relay in to my high beams so they turn on and off with the high beams but I have a cutoff switch in there aswell

Quick Reply: best type of off road lights