DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech-146/)
-   -   The end of the road.... (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-general-discussion-non-tech/363318-the-end-of-the-road.html)

Mopar Mike 10-01-2013 12:37 AM

Well, Finally put my truck in the shop today. It's still going to be a few days until they even get to it, but at least it's progress. Decided I was going to drive it the short 6 miles to the shop. It made it without any issues, and it was so nice to be back in a truck, and then the radio randomly quit working on the way... figures. haha.

jkeaton 10-01-2013 07:38 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike (Post 3082208)
Well, Finally put my truck in the shop today. It's still going to be a few days until they even get to it, but at least it's progress. Decided I was going to drive it the short 6 miles to the shop. It made it without any issues, and it was so nice to be back in a truck, and then the radio randomly quit working on the way... figures. haha.

You are making the right choice. You got a really nice truck, except the AC delete thing, I could bever live without AC....:D

Mopar Mike 10-15-2013 12:05 AM

Well, finally picked up the truck today. After a lot of $$$ spent, I drive it for about 30 minutes, and the same freaking thing happens. Truck kicks out of O/D, and Trans Temp light comes on..... Took it straight back to the shop. There are no words that describes the level of frustration that I'm at.

dodge dude94 10-15-2013 12:06 AM

Good thing is you only had the truck back for 30 minutes, so they can't b1tch and complain.

stewie01 10-15-2013 06:42 AM

Removed the check valve yet?

jkeaton 10-15-2013 07:44 AM

Reputable shop? What did they say they did? Do you have a receipt? Warranty?

Rescue35 10-15-2013 08:22 AM

I am dealing with a similar issue. My truck is back in the shop only 3000 miles after a rebuild. It wouldn't downshift to 1st either. The shop is replacing the valve body now. If they would have rebuilt it like I requested the first time they wouldn't be doing warranty work now and I would have my truck.

Hang in there. It will get sorted out.

Mopar Mike 10-18-2013 04:33 AM

Picked up the truck yesterday. A spring inside the transmission broke, replaced that, and it runs fine now. Put about 400 miles on it in 2 days. Going to have to have at least one more day in the shop though. It hesitates when shifting out of first unless I lay into it, and downshifts from second to first are harsh.

Yes, I have receipts, 1 year/12,000 mile warranty.

Gary-L 10-18-2013 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by Mopar Mike (Post 3088735)
Picked up the truck yesterday. A spring inside the transmission broke, replaced that, and it runs fine now. Put about 400 miles on it in 2 days. Going to have to have at least one more day in the shop though. It hesitates when shifting out of first unless I lay into it, and downshifts from second to first are harsh.

Yes, I have receipts, 1 year/12,000 mile warranty.

Cool!!

BTW - What color is the truck?

:icon_worthless:

Wombat Ranger 10-18-2013 10:52 AM

Debt sucks. Broken trucks suck too. I have a broken truck and a torn apart jeep, but the only debt I have at 21 is my mortgage. I plan to keep it that way, and like Ramman said I plan to have that paid off by the time I am 30. I think he and I would get along pretty well.

Glad you are getting the truck sorted out.