2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

radio mount question

Search this Thread

Old 09-25-2013, 09:34 PM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default radio mount question

Got anoher dodge ram (01 this time, still have the 96, 02 and 11 of course). Putting 2 radios in her(cb and vhf for fire dept and logging..) Where the heck do i put them? Its got cup holders where i normally would mount radios. See genos garage has a mount but thats for one radio not two.. Looked through our cb thread and didn't find much help there. Also another question. Once truck is up to op temp and i stomp it from say 10mph it doesn't up shift sometimes(say once out of 10 times..) it just bounces of the gov until i let off the throttle and get back into it. Truck has 85k miles on it.

Hope everyone is doing well! Haven't been here in awhile.

Josh

Old 09-25-2013, 10:08 PM
dodge dude94
Banned Goober Smoocher

I can't help with the radio, other than making a mount for the headliner, removing the overhead console.

Your shifting issue sounds like a TV cable line pressure issue. I forget what valve that cable controls, but that might be it.

Old 09-28-2013, 08:17 AM
offroadjosh
Record Breaker

Thanks, seems to have cured itself(maybe it just needed reset as i disconnected the bat over night).

Old 09-28-2013, 08:30 AM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Are you emotionally attached to your cup holders? If not, yank the cup holder assembly out and there's your spot to mount radios!

Old 09-28-2013, 12:36 PM
mibzzer15
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll have to get a picture of it later, but I bought one of these, http://www.oreillyauto.com/site/c/de...0319&ppt=C0092 from Oreilys Auto Parts and set it down on the floor next to the 4x4 shifter. It is screwed down and secure. I mounted 1 CB radio on the side of it facing up with the mic hanging off a hook on the dash. And since I have no cup holders, I mounted my scanner where the old cup holders were.

Quick Reply: radio mount question