2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Evil 2nd Gen I had

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2014, 09:51 AM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Evil 2nd Gen I had

So I had a 1997 Ext Cab Long Bed 1500 truck that I had bought cheap since it needed work. Turns out it needed a lot more than I had originally anticipated. Just a rundown of the truck, the interior was total trash, the engine was trashed (which I knew I needed to work on, but I just anticipated replacing the heads), and the transmission was toast. The exterior had rust, it was a mess. I ended up parting the truck out, but I made money on the deal, so that's alright. Anyway, I've got a much better 2nd Gen now. So I ended up selling the cab to some guy who had a 1st gen Cummins with no title (he wanted my cab because I had a title), and a rusted floor board. His was a regular cab long bed, and he wanted to convert it to a 2nd gen ext cab short bed. I sold it to him cheap and he took it. Anyway, I log on Craigslist today, and apparently this guy gave up on his project, I found my old cab http://louisville.craigslist.org/pts/4552395854.html

He's got it listed a good bit higher than what I sold it to him for, but after it was transferred into his name, I got a tax bill from selling the cab (title went with it), from what I can tell, he had to pay taxes on the assessed value of the whole vehicle, which was $3600, so he had to pay $235 in taxes and fees, and then the money that he paid to me. I find the whole thing kind of comical and thought I'd share.

Old 07-18-2014, 12:46 PM
snowboundrmk
All Star
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Haha! Is that the one the guy messed his hand up on?

Old 07-18-2014, 12:57 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

That's the guy!

Old 07-18-2014, 12:58 PM
djbucky3
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
That's the guy!
I think i remember seeing the pictures from that awhile back and laughing for a good while about it.

Quick Reply: Evil 2nd Gen I had