2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2016, 06:09 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
Wander thru the comments on the various articles about gun control on Yahoo.com...... It will either make you laugh your keester off, **** you off beyond belief, or make you wonder how the human race has lasted as long as it has, with some of its members being that stupid.

(I am pro-second amendment..... I think EVERYONE should carry. An armed society, is a polite society.)
Nice can of worms. I'll refrain comment and direct you to the Political Forum.

Old 06-15-2016, 07:05 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Nice can of worms. I'll refrain comment and direct you to the Political Forum.
So few people partake in the OT Thread that it might as well be the Political Forum...

Old 06-15-2016, 08:42 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

(I am pro-second amendment..... I think EVERYONE should carry. An armed society, is a polite society.)
I agree whole heartedly!

While you will probably never get the entire population to carry, it would be nice to see some sort of firearms training implemented into school curriculum. Most people only truly fear what they don't know or understand. I believe the training would eliminate a lot of the paranoia surrounding firearms.

As a side note to the above; When I was in the 6th grade, hunter's safety was a part of the class. We actually received a grade on it according to our test results.

Old 06-15-2016, 10:18 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,381 Likes on 3,121 Posts

Originally Posted by frankie_b_jr
I agree whole heartedly!

While you will probably never get the entire population to carry, it would be nice to see some sort of firearms training implemented into school curriculum. Most people only truly fear what they don't know or understand. I believe the training would eliminate a lot of the paranoia surrounding firearms.

As a side note to the above; When I was in the 6th grade, hunter's safety was a part of the class. We actually received a grade on it according to our test results.
Dick Cheney must have missed that class.

Old 06-15-2016, 11:16 PM
UnregisteredUser
Grand Champion
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Dick Cheney must have missed that class.
I know the mother of the guy who guided Cheney's next hunt after he missed the lawyer. I talked to her before the hunt, and she said she wasn't at all concerned about her kid. Made me wonder if she wasn't the mother mentioned in Jimmy Buffett's I-95...

Old 06-16-2016, 08:51 AM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by stewie01
Ya know, I've always considered myself Democrat, not liberal, but Democrat, like back when Dem's and Republicans could work towards goals for this country. Now having said that I've always considered myself a bit of both when it came to gun control.

But in having a Facebook discussion with some very much liberal people about gun control I realize just how stupid they sound.
What's it like to fire an AR15?

To gun lovers, you can't even have an opinion about assault weapons.

This crap is almost funny except that people who have never fired a AR15 will believe what this idiot wrote.

Old 06-16-2016, 09:49 AM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut

This crap is almost funny except that people who have never fired a AR15 will believe what this idiot wrote.
I've fired AR-15s.... and I've fired M-16's. (If I had a nickel for every round I have fired, I would make trump look like a pauper.) It isn't 'frightening', or 'horrifying' at all. If properly held, recoil really isn't that bad either. Yes, they ARE loud.... I'll give him that.... and I am REAL curious that he could see the brass being ejected "in front of his face".... was he firing it left-handed?????

I actually ENJOY going out to the range, or, my buddies back yard, (or, even my own back yard....) to fire off a couple hundred rounds..... I find it fun, enjoyable, and I also enjoy pissing off my buddies when I am more accurate with their weapons than they are.

Old 06-16-2016, 04:25 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut

Horrifying, manacing and very very loud?! Ha! Not horrifying and menacing, and just stick a Gemtech sound suppressor on it and it's suddenly about 40db quieter... The man is a pansy...

Old 06-16-2016, 05:53 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by 1997JollyGreenGiant
Horrifying, manacing and very very loud?! Ha! Not horrifying and menacing, and just stick a Gemtech sound suppressor on it and it's suddenly about 40db quieter... The man is a pansy...
Noise canceling ear muffs. (headphones? Whatever.)

Old 06-16-2016, 06:02 PM
1997JollyGreenGiant
Record Breaker
Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts

Now there's an idea!

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread