2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-20-2017, 03:11 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I simply can't afford a second vehicle. Not the purchase, the maintenance, the insurance, etc. Of course, I don't drive much.... so, it's not really all that much of an issue.
I agree that I can not afford a second vehicle so naturally, I have three more making a total of 4 vehicles that I own and maintain here.

As stated I can not afford them, but my wife can,...

Last edited by tired old man; 12-20-2017 at 03:24 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:48 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by tired old man
I agree that I can not afford a second vehicle so naturally, I have three more making a total of 4 vehicles that I own and maintain here.

As stated I can not afford them, but my wife can,...
My wife can't either.

Old 12-25-2017, 09:42 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 12-25-2017, 12:22 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

Merry Christmas 2nd genners, and you other Interlopers

Old 12-25-2017, 05:11 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by frankie_b_jr
Merry Christmas 2nd genners, and you other Interlopers
Merry Christmas to you and everyone else out here in Dodge land.

Old 12-28-2017, 02:30 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Gary-L
A lot of people complain on this forum that their trucks get "poor gas mileage" (and it's also their daily driver). The following video makes a good case for finding a used Pruis for cheap as a daily driver.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSwUEVx5G3U
my solution to the poor gas mileage was to buy a smaller truck with a bigger engine to drive around in the summer. kind of makes up for the ramcharger i bought last summer that gets bad fuel mileage

Originally Posted by HeyYou
I simply can't afford a second vehicle. Not the purchase, the maintenance, the insurance, etc. Of course, I don't drive much.... so, it's not really all that much of an issue.
some days i wonder how i mange to afford what i got. even the 1 lady at my insurance company was kind of questioning why i got so many vehicles on my insurance policy and how i can afford them when i called them up to get the winter tires discount lol. i use to pay more for insurance when i first switched to them and only had 2 vehicles insured and not as many discounts. i now have 5 vehicles insured with them with about 5 discounts and still cheaper than when originally switch to them and had 2 vehicles insured with them.

Old 12-28-2017, 06:57 PM
tired old man
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I currently have 4 vehicles insured and licensed in my name here. I do own a 1974 MGB that is not insured just now tho. I have the 'bundle' package with my insurance company that includes home owners insurance. With all the policies I have with them I am paying about as much per month as I paid for my very first car insurance back in 1971 when I was 18.

Being 64 now and having kept the same insurance company for over 40 years now has helped a lot though I'm sure.

Old 12-28-2017, 11:10 PM
Wildman4x4nut
Record Breaker
Received 158 Likes on 120 Posts

I was stationed in Germany in 1979 when I was 18 years old and I had a Triumph Spitfire that I paid $800 for. My yearly insurance for basic coverage just liability was over $1,000 per year because of my age and the car.

I have my truck, 2 Jeep Wranglers a Harley & my SXS now and pay about the same amount for a years coverage and I have full coverage on everything. You couldn't pay me enough to drive a Prius........................ I hate those cars just on principle alone.

Old 12-29-2017, 09:19 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

i wish my insurance was that cheap. i am thinking about fixing both my 81 and 89 and getting them both insured as classics like the elcamino. the elcamino is dirt cheap to insure compared to the rest. classic car insurance would likely make the insurance cost about 1/2 what i am paying now which would be awesome especially with cost of insurance on my 81 has slowly been creeping up over the last few years.

Old 12-29-2017, 10:34 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Wildman4x4nut
I was stationed in Germany in 1979 when I was 18 years old and I had a Triumph Spitfire that I paid $800 for. My yearly insurance for basic coverage just liability was over $1,000 per year because of my age and the car.

I have my truck, 2 Jeep Wranglers a Harley & my SXS now and pay about the same amount for a years coverage and I have full coverage on everything. You couldn't pay me enough to drive a Prius........................ I hate those cars just on principle alone.
Do you hate the actual car, or do you hate the smug type who buys the car? They're good vehicles for a daily driver provided a majority of the driving is in the city. I know a guy who has a first gen Pruis (real estate agent) and he has close to 200K on it. He says it runs like a champ and he recently gutted the leather interior from a comparable Prius that was wrecked. It's like BMWs -- great cars but a majority of the owners are ******.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread