2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2018, 06:59 PM
98Ramboy
Professional
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

What's your definition of a real motor?

Old 01-03-2018, 04:16 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Ramman18
Here, here. You couldn't give me a twin turbo gas, mds gas, direct injection, emissions diesel, hybrid, or electric vehicle. Vehicles with real motors died in 2008. No one asked for them, no one needs them. Just more communism at work.
i would not really want a new vehicle mainly because of how complicated emissions and crap are around them but i am not really against twin turbo or sticking some of the new engine technology in older vehicles. if it wasn't so expensive i wouldn't mind having a truck with an electric motor or hybrid setup powering it to run around town. it would not be as cool as a big blown motor under the hood but would still be cool in the aspect of getting good fuel mileage while still getting what you need to do done. i just don't know how a strictly electric vehicle would do in the winter here especially in the aspect of how it would heat the cab. i could see it draining batteries pretty quick with the way i run the heat lol

Old 01-04-2018, 09:36 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-04-2018, 05:31 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

hahaha took a second to even catch what went on in that video. makes you really wonder what the heck happen. doesn't even look like the person touched the brakes.

bought a snowblower last night for cheap that didn't drive. there was a lot more carnage than i thought there would have been but it is fixed now. i think a little rivet head between the friction wheel halves caused the ring to jump off the friction wheel and cause things to run metal on metal. robbed all the parts i needed off a junk machine i had sitting around. sitting on the fence about keeping the machine for myself. got a lot of power compared to my other big machine.

Attached Thumbnails The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread-20180103_192652.jpg  
Old 01-05-2018, 09:02 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
hahaha took a second to even catch what went on in that video. makes you really wonder what the heck happen. doesn't even look like the person touched the brakes.

bought a snowblower last night for cheap that didn't drive. there was a lot more carnage than i thought there would have been but it is fixed now. i think a little rivet head between the friction wheel halves caused the ring to jump off the friction wheel and cause things to run metal on metal. robbed all the parts i needed off a junk machine i had sitting around. sitting on the fence about keeping the machine for myself. got a lot of power compared to my other big machine.
Wow, that is REALLY chewed up.....

Old 01-05-2018, 11:50 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend

ya. i almost want to say i am surprised but it really don't surprise me. it is not like the sound of metal on metal is that different from rubber on metal lol. i still think the machine was worth fixing. i have recently realized that unless your driveway is super smooth the bigger the snowblower is not always better. i think the 26" bucket seems like the perfect size. you go any bigger and it is so bulky and hard to manage even with the trigger steering. i got a 10.5hp 30" machine and it does ok in the flat area's like on the street but not so good on the uneven driveway.

Attached Thumbnails The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread-20180104_145259.jpg  
Old 01-05-2018, 12:43 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

My driveway is kinda/sorta/almost paved. (was done a LONG time ago, and they didn't do a very good job.....) It isn't too bad. I use a 37" single stage blower on the front of my John Deere 216. It cleans almost all the way down to the pavement (as close as I am willing to get anyway, otherwise, it'll start tearing up the driveway.....) and only takes me 30 minutes or so to clear my driveway. It doesn't have a cab, so, I look a LOT like the abominable snowman by the time I finish....... Been lookin' for a cab.... but, they are rare, and EXPENSIVE when ya find one. Or, it's already on a tractor, and the seller doesn't wanna separate them.... I don't really need yet another tractor..... (I have three working tractors at the moment.... and a fourth that just needs a water pump. )

Old 01-05-2018, 01:16 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

hahaha ya i think a lawn tractor one would be easier to use than the 30" one i got. you really have to manhandle the 30" machine i got and it has some pretty good weight to it. even the 26" one is noticeably lighter than the 30" one i got but is no where as near as light as the 20" one that i have been running for the last few years. i can lift and load the 20" snowblower i got all by myself. i have thought about getting one of them cabs for the snowblower too but too cheap to get one. i usually just toss my welding mask on and flip my hoodie over the edge of the mask when it is windy out and the driveway needs to be cleared. it has worked pretty good so far.

Old 01-05-2018, 01:59 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
hahaha ya i think a lawn tractor one would be easier to use than the 30" one i got. you really have to manhandle the 30" machine i got and it has some pretty good weight to it. even the 26" one is noticeably lighter than the 30" one i got but is no where as near as light as the 20" one that i have been running for the last few years. i can lift and load the 20" snowblower i got all by myself. i have thought about getting one of them cabs for the snowblower too but too cheap to get one. i usually just toss my welding mask on and flip my hoodie over the edge of the mask when it is windy out and the driveway needs to be cleared. it has worked pretty good so far.
I've cheated this year....... we haven't gotten a lot of snow all at once, so, I just yank back on the expensive stick, and away I go. No shoveling/snowblowing required. The wife drives an AWD Astro, and it just amazes me how unstoppable that thing is. I live on a dirt road anyway, and 4wd makes the truck MUCH more controllable on the snow-covered (and packed down nicely.....) roads.

Old 01-05-2018, 10:32 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

lol i like keeping the driveway somewhat clean but then again i am in town and don't really have that much driveway to clean.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread