2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 10:31 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,388 Likes on 3,128 Posts

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
lol i like keeping the driveway somewhat clean but then again i am in town and don't really have that much driveway to clean.
When I lived in town, I had a LOT less driveway.

Old 01-06-2018, 11:30 AM
crazzywolfie
Legend
Received 71 Likes on 67 Posts

hahaha ya i would mind living out of town and having a bit of property but then again i might start dragging home more vehicles and junk. it is pretty bad that i got to store my elcamino at my sister place since i don't have enough space in my driveway. she can fit 7 vehicles in her driveway and i can only fit 5 and all 5 spots are filled lol. in the summer i can just park on the street and have all my vehicles home but got to wait till april to start doing that again. i was even thinking about parking my snowmobile on the side deck to get most of 1 parking spot back but even then i don't think it would help enough lol.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:19 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

That's why I have a barn. There are six tractors, and a truck in it, and a bunch of other 'overflow' stuff from the garage. (extra tools and such.) One of the reasons I bought this place.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:33 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

hahahaha i might turn into a hoarder if i had a barn to fill lol. it is bad enough i still have a bit too much stuff right now. got 4 vehicles, a snowmobile, a atv 4 snowblower, a crap ton of truck parts and all my tools. i would hate to ever have to move it all. i have been slowly downsizing and getting rid of stuff in the house but still seem to have way too much stuff in my opinion. it almost seems like i nearly take things in as quick as i can get rid of them

Old 01-06-2018, 12:37 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Yeah, this is a real possibility, and I agree with ya, I don't EVER want to have to move my collection o' stuff..... Eventually, I won't be able to take care of this place any more, and I will HAVE to move...... I figger at that point, I'll have a nice 'barn sale'. Of course, some of the stuff I have out there is almost as old as I am...... and finding someone that actually wants to buy it is going to be the fun part. Like a selection of Gravely GMT 9000 tractors....... last one rolled off the assembly line in 1983, and most parts are NLA..... which is why I have four of 'em. Two to actually work, and the other two for parts to keep the first two going.

Old 01-06-2018, 12:58 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

ya finding people who are interested in older equipment or tools will keep getting harder as time passes. most old stuff is better quality but some people would rather just have cheap new stuff because it is shiny. i picked up a old used lawn tractor for my sisters place last summer. the thing works great especially for the price. i couldn't even buy a cheap push mower new for what i paid for it and it is a solid machine. heck i have worked on quiet a few push mowers this last summer and most were about 10 years old or newer and rotted out or on there way there. it is almost like they design them to collect and hold grass and rot out.

Old 01-06-2018, 01:57 PM
HeyYou
Administrator

Originally Posted by crazzywolfie
ya finding people who are interested in older equipment or tools will keep getting harder as time passes. most old stuff is better quality but some people would rather just have cheap new stuff because it is shiny. i picked up a old used lawn tractor for my sisters place last summer. the thing works great especially for the price. i couldn't even buy a cheap push mower new for what i paid for it and it is a solid machine. heck i have worked on quiet a few push mowers this last summer and most were about 10 years old or newer and rotted out or on there way there. it is almost like they design them to collect and hold grass and rot out.
"Planned Obsolescence"....... Makes sure there is a continuing demand for their products.

Old 01-06-2018, 10:13 PM
crazzywolfie
Legend

ya and they do a pretty good job at it. i guess it is a good thing i got an old 2 stroke lawn mower with an aluminum deck. it should last for forever as long as i don't let anyone else use it and put straight gas in it.

Old 01-13-2018, 05:32 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Old 01-15-2018, 12:55 PM
frankie_b_jr
Captain
Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts

First car show of the year . There were some nice cars (that I didn't get pictures of) and some big names running around. Here's the burnout contest from Saturday for your pleasure.

Quick Reply: The Official 2nd Gen Ram OT Thread