2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Walmart 0 - ram owner 1 😁

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2017, 11:35 PM
primem
Record Breaker
Received 55 Likes on 50 Posts

that is a fantastic price for a load range e tire. My truck came with them and they are fantastic. Quiet on the road and great in the snow.

Old 05-29-2017, 09:02 AM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evilemokid94
Recently was walking through Walmart with my wife doing some shopping and we wandered past the auto center and noticed a set of decent looking tires for sale, Goodyear Wrangler duratracs in an LT265-70R17E marked down to.....$139 a tire. Quick Google search and saw them online for $253 a tire and decided i wasn't going to pass up the deal. Walked up to the counter and they started the ordering process and low and behold they came up $253 a tire in their computer. Lady called her manager and her manager decided to try and tell me they couldn't do it for that price, regardless of what they sign shows. Well after a few phone calls and a few other managers i received a call saying my tires have been ordered and will be here Thursday and will set me back a while $595.
Good on you for pressing the issue, because they have to honor the price as listed. Would have made a great court case. I wish I'd saved my old Business Law textbook which had a few cases like this.

Last edited by Gary-L; 05-29-2017 at 09:05 AM.
Old 05-29-2017, 07:52 PM
evilemokid94
Professional
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by HeyYou
They'll probably rot out before they wear out.
planning on getting something newer when the wife graduates nursing school in 2 years so we will see what happens.

Old 05-29-2017, 07:55 PM
evilemokid94
Professional

Originally Posted by Gary-L
Good on you for pressing the issue, because they have to honor the price as listed. Would have made a great court case. I wish I'd saved my old Business Law textbook which had a few cases like this.
i worked retail for a few years and something i found was the higher the manager ladder you climb, someone will eventually give in and do what's being asked. I wasn't being rude or harsh to the manager i first dealt with but the listed price is just that, the listed price. I don't know if i would have pressed it into a legal matter though lol. Not for tires.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:08 PM
Gary-L
Legend
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by evilemokid94
i worked retail for a few years and something i found was the higher the manager ladder you climb, someone will eventually give in and do what's being asked. I wasn't being rude or harsh to the manager i first dealt with but the listed price is just that, the listed price. I don't know if i would have pressed it into a legal matter though lol. Not for tires.

True, but "The more you know". This info may help someone else in the future.

Old 05-29-2017, 08:31 PM
hometheaterman
Champion
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You got a smoking deal on those tires. I really like that tread pattern. Be sure to show us pictures of them on the truck. I don't know where you're located but if anywhere near central VA, I'll put them on for you.

Old 05-29-2017, 10:07 PM
evilemokid94
Professional

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
You got a smoking deal on those tires. I really like that tread pattern. Be sure to show us pictures of them on the truck. I don't know where you're located but if anywhere near central VA, I'll put them on for you.
central Indiana lol. I need to update my signature on here. I have to go into the town that has the Walmart i bought them at yesterday so i will have them installed while I'm there and will be sure to get pictures. I love the tread pattern, that's what caught my eye.

Old 06-01-2017, 08:46 PM
stewie01
Legend
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hometheaterman
What area?

I'm in the Burg.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:35 PM
evilemokid94
Professional

Firgured I’d give an update as far as the tires go handling wise. They’ve been on the truck since may and in good warm weather they hold great, quite but stiff, in the rain they handle well and I find them moving through large puddles or standing water with ease. Tonight was the first time Iv managed to try them in snow. Like most of the us, Indiana got hit with a bunch of rain yesterday, which froze and we continued to get pelleted with sleet and snow mixtures which resulted in a bunch of issues getting home, I work thirds so by the time I made my way to the truck is was practically frozen to the parking lot. Driving around town even in the ice and what snow we had these tires don’t spin, they bite really well and have great take off response and good manors while driving through drifting snow and more ice in the highways. I have to actually try to get my truck side ways if I decide to play around and haven’t found myself using 4x4 at all unless I just decide too. So far today I am extremely happy with how they are handling and feel like I can reasonably travel where I need to go with little worries. Might add that I also have 0 weight in the bed besides my rubber mat and my roll up tounnoue cover in the bed. With more weight my truck would be almost unstoppable.

Old 01-13-2018, 08:40 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

I discovered that my tires SUCK!!!!!!! on snow and ice.....