2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

anyone have lines on 97 Ram SS/Ts

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2017, 06:48 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

got a fright from insurance adjuster, had them on phone for loss of use and she said something about totaling and my heart sank..

explained to her that it isn't a normal 97 ram 1500 , its an SST and 1 of 902 in the scheme, took me forever to find a garage kept rust free
model and they just cant be found for what YOU probably think book value is.. she I need to call the body shop and will call you back....

took 15 minutes for a call back and an OK sir we will definitely repair your truck, I can only assume that the manager of the shop
explained to her how nice my truck really is and that you just cant find any in this condition in this area..

long story short my friend that works there told me they ordered all parts direct from dodge, so she isn't getting anything used and its all
GENUINE mopar

Old 10-07-2017, 09:10 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

Congrats!!! I'm wondering if now you will move the truck off the street? I know you said something about no driveway.

Old 10-08-2017, 06:46 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparite
Congrats!!! I'm wondering if now you will move the truck off the street? I know you said something about no driveway.
unfortunately im not in a position to better my parking situation at this time so I will probably still sell it
once its all back together and buy a beater that wont matter if it gets hit..

been after our twp to put speed bumps because people use my street like a race track since we are a
dead end neighborhood but with her being stoned that may not have helped anyway but who knows

Old 10-10-2017, 08:21 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Moving right along

Last edited by ramsportrocks; 10-10-2017 at 08:28 AM.
Old 10-11-2017, 07:29 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

painted... no photos yet but he told me last night the bed was back on the truck and that the suspension was back together, still waiting on a taillight and bumper pads .. then its off to alignment shop then a test ride
to check.. .. told him run it up to 80 on the highway as HE KNOWS the truck was solid with no vibrations or shake and drove straight as an arrow before it got hit

Old 10-12-2017, 01:22 PM
ramsportrocks
Veteran
Default Indy edition/SST wheel needed

anybody have or know where I can get a single Indy/SST wheel?

there is a 3" gouge on the lip from the accident UNFORTUNATELY in order to repair
it the company says they have to remove the plastic buttons that go around the hub
part of the wheel and once removed there is no way to put them back

Old 10-13-2017, 06:37 AM
Moparite
Grand Champion
Received 347 Likes on 327 Posts

I don't think they are plastic but actually aluminum. I have the factory part # somewhere you then can do some searching on the net for them. To my knowledge they are not reproduced so you just have to look around. Finding one may be an issue also because you have to break up a set.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:54 AM
ramsportrocks
Veteran

Originally Posted by Moparite
I don't think they are plastic but actually aluminum. I have the factory part # somewhere you then can do some searching on the net for them. To my knowledge they are not reproduced so you just have to look around. Finding one may be an issue also because you have to break up a set.
the part # would be appreciated, they told me they were plastic,,, i don't want someone to break up a set but i know sometimes in an accident one or two
will get bent so someone may have a single wheel or 2 laying around.. while i can live with the gouge if i have to i don't really want to

Old 10-13-2017, 10:08 AM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,177 Likes on 2,930 Posts

Are these the wheels you need?

Old 10-13-2017, 12:36 PM
oxymoron29
Veteran
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Man this situation really burns my ***, people are so negligent it's disgusting. Good thing you have cameras on your property, nice idea. Glad to see this is getting fixed correctly, and to your preference / standards. I would consider yourself lucky (on the repair...) as I'm sure if that happened where I live they wouldn't give a rat's behind if it was a SS/T or not. It's a 20 year old vehicle and would be immediately assumed a junker.

You have the color white going for you as well...easy to make even a bad paint job look decent.

And for those who think safety is in a driveway...think again. Down the street from me (small quiet dead end court) one day someone decided to veer off the road and nail my neigbours BMW, and nudged it into his exotic Alfa sitting beside it, both parked about 10m up his driveway off the street during the day. Hit and run. Of course it happened to the only other car enthusiast (and shop owner) in my area.

Nothing is ever safe, so enjoy it while you can. Or garage it.