2nd Gen RAM general discussion/NON-tech This section is for general discussions about your 2nd gen RAM. Non tech related RAM threads belong here.

Heated mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2017, 05:30 PM
charnie63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Heated mirrors

my 2000 Ram has heated mirrors but I do not have a switch on the a/c control panel. I believe the wiring is there just no switch. I looked on the back of the a/c control panel and there are 3 wires on a pigtail at the bottom of the switch, one wire is hot it's a blue one. Is this the wires from the mirrors???

Old 12-17-2017, 10:29 AM
jkeaton
DF Admin
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 334 Likes on 298 Posts

What is the problem or what are you trying to accomplish?

Old 12-17-2017, 04:56 PM
charnie63
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The side mirrors on my Ram have the heated etchings on them and I believe the wiring is there, but I don't have the switch on my heater control panel, I'm guessing it was an option? I want to hook up the mirrors with a rocker switch but none know if the three wires at the bottom of the back of the control panel are for the mirrors.

Old 12-17-2017, 09:14 PM
HeyYou
Administrator
Dodge Forum Administrator
Received 3,171 Likes on 2,924 Posts

More to it than just a switch, there is a control module integrated in there as well. May have to replace your HVAC controls to get the correct switch/controller.....

Switch gets power from Fuse 15..... doesn't give a wire color...... Might use the same power feed as the blend door actuator? Don't know..... (my 98 has the heated mirrors, and has the button, but, my blend door is operating by a cable, not the actuator motor.....)

Quick Reply: Heated mirrors