2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

B&G Flash a NOGO

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2007, 02:16 AM
kikidbird
Veteran
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default B&G Flash a NOGO

I had my PCM flashed and did not notice any change. I still have the same problem, when shift into any gear, she stalls. I was hoping that after all the mods I have done, the B&G flash was the final touch. Im back to shotgun troubleshooting.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:31 AM
Socha_62
Record Breaker
Default RE: B&G Flash a NOGO

What did you have them flash it for? Did you tell them all the mods you have and what you want the truck to do? I would talk to B&G. If you got the PCM reflashed and got no difference its gotta be the PCM, it controls EVERYTHING.

Old 03-29-2007, 02:44 AM
kikidbird
Veteran

I gave them all the information they could possibly have. I feel they like they charged me $450 for a sticker. I will call them in the morning.

Old 03-29-2007, 11:32 AM
Silver_Dodge
Grand Champion
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ya, something else is going on. The flash they do should have made a very notiable difference, especially with the mods you have.

Old 03-29-2007, 05:30 PM
MAGICDSSMAN
Professional

Ever since you made your first post on it stalling in any gear I have been giving it alot of thought and doing some research. If the tc and the tc lockup solinoid are both good the tc lockup control wire going to the pcm could be getting grounded some how. When this wire is grounded it will cause the tc to lockup. If you have not already try swapping out the tc relay in the power distribution box with known good relay. Also check the tc wire (orange with black stripe on the center plug going into the pcm) to see if it is grounded somwhere.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:00 AM
kikidbird
Veteran

What are the symptoms of TC lock up? where is the TC relay located? B&G told me that it may be fuel related. Im going to check my fuel pressure and see if the gripe is there. Someone told me that the cam may be to big and I dont have enough vaccum. I have made a list of things to check. This is a tough one but we will get through it and pass the knowledge down to others. Its' nice to have cake and ice cream, but it is better when everyone has some too.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:43 AM
shott8283
Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

not to go off topic but what model of gibby headers do you have and what did you wrap them with .. the tape or the cloth wrap? and do you think its worth it? and are you worried about a build up of moisture from warmup-cooldowns?

Old 03-30-2007, 03:44 AM
spaz_22
Captain

a tc lock up soleniod being bad will explain the same condition you are experiancing...the engine dies whenever in gear......the reason why is becuase if the tcc soleniod is on it locks the torque converter just like a clutch. So it's not allowing a gradual engagement in laymens(sp?) terms...if you really want to see if it's the tcc...do a neutral drop

Old 03-30-2007, 06:45 AM
MAGICDSSMAN
Professional

The tc in an automatic is like a clutch in a manual. When it is unlocked it allows the engine to turn without turning the tranny. When it is locked it tries to turn the tranny at the same speed as the engine. If the tc is locked The truck will die when put in any gear as if you released the clutch on a manual while in gear without pushing the gas. When my tc went out on my ram it occasionaly lockup while I was sitting still in gear and my truck would die. I would have to do a small nuetral drop to get it to unlock again.

If you look on the right side of your engine compartment next to your battery there is a black box with fuses and relays in it. on the bottom of the lid it tells you what goes to what. Pull 2 of the relays the tc relay and another one and switch them and then start your truck and try putting it in gear. That will tell you if the relay is bad or not.

I personaly can't see how this would be a fuel or a vaccum problem. If it was it should atleast idle in gear and you shouldn't have problems until you hit the gas.

Old 03-30-2007, 01:54 PM
kikidbird
Veteran

What is a neutral drop?

Quick Reply: B&G Flash a NOGO