2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Linex or Rhino Liner???

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2007, 05:36 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Linex or Rhino Liner???

Next week I'll have enough money finally to have my bed liner sprayed. The two most popular options I've come across is Rhino Liner, and the newest competitor, Linex. What do you guys think I should go for? And do spray on liners work as good as everyone says??

Old 08-14-2007, 05:41 PM
cdusthockey
Veteran
Default RE: Linex or Rhino Liner???

id go with the Line-X, i heard they dont fade as bad, and the hold up a bit better. I havent looked at prices for line-x though so i dont know if it is more expensive

Old 08-14-2007, 06:29 PM
silverghost01

i have old rhino liner in my 01 ram, assuming it was put in when it was new its only six years old, and its coming up and peeling in several spots i would go with linex i started redoing mine with herculiner going right over the old rhino liner, seems to be working ok,did the tail gate and bed rails still need to do the bed.

Old 08-14-2007, 09:37 PM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm going with line-x when I get mine done because it looks better and from what I've heard so far, it's suppose to hold up to wear and tear better then rhino liner. If the price's are the same all around then itll cost $470over the rail. Rhino liner has a cottege cheese look to it and it does fade pretty quick. Our work truck is a 06 chevy and it came with rhino liner and its looking pretty ****ty already. When we got the truck the liner was black and now its pretty much a dark gray.

Old 08-14-2007, 10:53 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

woww definately don't want that, especially when your dealing with big fricken bucks for a damn liner. I'm having my guys over at Maaco Auto&Collison Painting do my line-x for me. Since we've given them so much business over the past years he said he'll cut me a deal and do the whole bed, over the rail for $350, so I am definately getting a good deal, but its still a fricken hefty bill, but the look and the product should pay itself off. It's been very tempting though, I could have gotten a drop in liner for $160, but I know I'd regret it as soon as it was in lol.

Old 08-15-2007, 03:17 AM
2k10HemiRam
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My truck came with a drop in liner and I cannot wait to replace that with a line-x liner.

Quick Reply: Linex or Rhino Liner???