2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

damn sqeels again....

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2008, 09:12 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default damn sqeels again....

well the squeels are back its under my hood ive tried everything you guys think maybe my tensioner being the orig im guessing could trash my belt my belt is new within last month its a dayco...j

Old 06-15-2008, 09:14 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion
Default RE: damn sqeels again....

first i tried replacing the tensioner pulley that didnot work then bought dayco belt it stopped squeeling except for in the morn so i thought it was the whole tensioner bushing or something heats up expands were all good ....

Old 06-15-2008, 09:25 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

it shuts up after a few min of the truck runnin so i dealt with it well im not anymore im sick of it i bought a new tensioner today replaced it and still that pigfawker squeels im not sure what to do anymore the idler pulley or the center one that does nothing but spin....

Old 06-15-2008, 09:29 PM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

the bearing in it seem fine it doesnt wobble and its not loose at all well im dumbfounded and not sure what to try next do yall think its the old tensioner being bad could wear out the old belt and now the new one? maybe i should get a new one by taking the one i got back its got a 1 yr warranty from advance? sorry for posts but this is the only way to do it again guys not trying to have a buncha posts about the same thing again and agin ty all...j

Old 06-15-2008, 09:37 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Did you shoot each pulley with wd 40 and see if you can get it to stop?

Old 06-16-2008, 08:33 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

yes tried shooting it with wd and was told today that you shouldnt do that because the belt would absorb the wd? never heard of it but what the hell today it seems to do it under a load i.e when i press the gas now it wont do it idling or at a stop light im lost ive talked to several ase tech and friends and family and all yall i cant seem to figure this one out.....??????

Old 06-16-2008, 10:03 AM
BadHab1t
Grand Champion

well after a bunch of bs i said eff it and went to advance and told em i wanted a new belt in replace of the other one and they returned it with a lil fuss but i handled em they said i have wear spot on the back side of the belt well the only things that touch that part are the water pump and idler pulley dont know why or how this could be but well see what happens in a few days maybeit will not squeel anymore anything else i might try lemme know
...................j

Quick Reply: damn sqeels again....