2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

95 dodge van cargo actting really strange!!!!HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2007, 08:30 AM
romantorres
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 95 dodge van cargo actting really strange!!!!HELP

Hello, I have a 95 dodge magnum v8 no a/c and it doesnt start in the winter if its very cold. However once summer came she started right up. Now after a few months she only starts when I leave the key turned on after trying to start it. It will do nothing for about 1 min then I start to hear a ticking noise thats really fast and then slowly starts to get slower as the check engine light starts to blink very fast with the ticking noise. As the ticking noise slows the flashing slows and gets brighter suddenly it stops ticking the light stays on and then she'll start right up. If I start the truck after driving it I still have no problem unless I let it sit for a few hours. Sometimes she'll just die to on me and sound like she wants to stop running, any suggestions????????

Old 09-07-2007, 04:34 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default RE: 95 dodge van cargo actting really strange!!!!HELP

fuel pump ?

Old 09-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Fox Fader
Captain
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

fuel pump ?
It's definatly electrical.

Old 09-07-2007, 09:15 PM
dishdude2k
Captain
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that sounds like a voltage regulator to me.. the clicking and the c/e light flashing with the click.. sounds to me like over voltage at first.. with the light being bright and all.. i would go with replacing the altenator.. check fuel pressure too.. but it sounds like your power supply doin it.. might want to go over the grounds.. get a haynes and find out where all your grounds are supposed to be

Quick Reply: 95 dodge van cargo actting really strange!!!!HELP