2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Help Needed! What chip to choose?

Old 09-08-2007, 09:57 PM
navyfc
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help Needed! What chip to choose?

I posted a question like this earlier today and got no replys that were helpful so maybe some of yall can help...I have a buddy whos dad can get me a Performance chip at the Wholesale cost, which is what i plan to do... Now i have herd alot about Superchip, Hypertech, and edge and some others but i need to know whats the best over all... If any of you have any recomendations i would appreciate it... Please let me know the part numbers and what i should expect to pay for Retail value so i know im getting a good price.... P.S. Thanks for saving me from JET!!!!

Old 09-08-2007, 10:21 PM
HuntinHanson
Champion
Default RE: Help Needed! What chip to choose?

Im very impressed with my superchips tuner. Granted i have a pretty different truck, but they still make a great product!

Old 09-08-2007, 11:26 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

ORIGINAL: navyfc

I posted a question like this earlier today and got no replys that were helpful so maybe some of yall can help...
Hmm, I thought that my reply was quite helpful, maybe you should read it again:

https://dodgeforum.com/m_959996/tm.htm

I would think the reason that you didn't hear from more people is because there's not a whole lot more to say.

I have a buddy whos dad can get me a Performance chip at the Wholesale cost, which is what i plan to do... Now i have herd alot about Superchip, Hypertech, and edge and some others but i need to know whats the best over all...
I told you.B&G performance flash. If you're asking about a handheld tuner your buddy's dad can get you on the cheap, either get the hypertech or the superchips. You'll have to decide which one because you're going to be hard pressed to find anybody on the forum that has run both to give you an apples toapples comparison. They're basically the same, if one was clearly better, you wouldn't have both of them mentioned on the samethread about 1000 times here.

If any of you have any recomendations i would appreciate it... Please let me know the part numbers and what i should expect to pay for Retail value so i know im getting a good price.... P.S. Thanks for saving me from JET!!!!
There are MANY pages devoted tothese twoflashers.Try the search function, you'll get many recommendations. Superchips MAX part #3715 I have seen as low as $348 for a new unit. Hypertech PP III part #50006 I have seen as low as $288, but those pricesalways fluctuate. Hopefully your buddy's dad won't screw you or he probably shouldn't be your buddy. I can't personally claim credit for saving you from JET, but I'm sure the others thank you for your kind words.

I'm not going to rail you because you're in the service and I have the utmost respect for those that serve, but you'll get on quite a few people's nerves around here if you ask for advice and opinionsfrom folks and then throw them under the bus a few hours later.

End of Rant

Old 09-08-2007, 11:38 PM
navyfc
Rookie

Srry to Aim4squirrels, but im about halfway between Mechanically challenged and just not completly understanding what you said, also I was off the computer for a few hours on watch when you left the message, i appreciate your help and didnt mean anything by saying that it didnt help me much... I just didnt get everything about time tables and i couldnt find the B&G Flash to save my life... Once again sorry i know your just trying to help me out....

Old 09-08-2007, 11:40 PM
navyfc
Rookie

Oh yes and you went in to up most detail with your reply.... Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Help Needed! What chip to choose?