2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

Pretty DISSAPOINTED..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2007, 12:23 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pretty DISSAPOINTED..

I guess I have to admit I am a little dissapointed with how the discussion regarding the "gutted cat" went. I think some people get a tad bit too involved sometimes, and take things way too literal. If people had actually read the first post, they wouldn't have completely misconstrued what I said in the first place. It wasn't like I was sitting there and was saying "Oh Yes, gutted cat gave me 30 h/p!". It definately wasn't anytihng insane, but it definately was something that changed my vehicle from losing a truck length to my brothers f-350, to beating HIM by a truck length everytime. Call me crazy, but I think that is pretty damn impressive. Also, the "hi-flow" cat I had on there before wasn't anything nuts, it was just a magnaflow cat that I bought for $85, and yes, they are still RESTRICTIVE. There is a good reason why my exhaust is way louder than it was before, because the cat has been gutted, simple. Also, I don't remember when listing things you have done to your truck in your signature that weren't performance related was a crime. ChevyGuy, you are truly ignornant. I have had this truck for less than 3 months, why would I have fricken cams in my truck already? I have already done mroe to this this truck in 2 1/2 months, then most people will ever do to their truck. There is no doubt in my mind that I have one of the best looking Dodges out there, and perhaps maybe it rubbed you off wrong... All I know, is that there is no reason to come onto a forum and just bash someone. Keep in mind bub that I am just 18 years old, thats right, and I own one of the sickest dodge rams out there, and thats no mistake, because i bust my *** in customizing and making my truck stick out from the crowd. There are tons of ppl are on this forum that do the same as well. So I hope you are proud you ruined a good conversation. I'd really like to see what you have done to your car...what its a 69 right? You've had 38 years to ****ing mod your car, Ive had my truck for less than 3 months and I'm already close to headers and intake system buddy.

To make a final point, let me wrap up what the point of this discussion was supposed to be about.

1.) Gutted Cat made the truck louder
2.) Gutted cat added noticable gain in h/p

Nothing more to it than that. I never said the gutted cat made it so it could peel out, ever. It has always been able to chirp the 35" tires before the cat was gutted. Also, I never said it was like some cobra mustang where it looks like it is sliding on ice trying to get traction. All I knw is that most trucks won't even chirp a tire when they floor it, and this truck DOES, and it has just an exhaust..

hmm

Old 10-24-2007, 01:08 AM
padodgeram
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Pretty DISSAPOINTED..

Take 2 advil and get some rest , your taking it to seriously (sp) some ball busting going but hey its the internet i love how golden got his post deleted and others stayed..LOL A-1 job there mods.. you gotta take this forum with salt of grain and 90% is wrong info any way if i listen to what every one said 1. id be broke 2. id be pissed.. DONT WORRY BE HAPPY.....

Old 10-24-2007, 06:50 AM
motorbrreath
Record Breaker

i feel the same way man, its all good. Youngins like us (im 20) with nice trucks just **** people off so they have to start ****. I paied for mine and all the mods done to it as well. Hes just mad cause his equipment is small. Thats why he drives a chevy.

Old 10-24-2007, 07:31 AM
Bouncer88
All Star

Like I said in the OT thread, I am sorry for derailing your thread, it probably was my fault. Although I don't think chevy guy had any right saying what he said being a new member with no prior knowledge on any of us. I honestly think it was somebody who was on this forum before and sold their truck, or had this chevy in their garage because he said he has read my previous posts, he was only registered for a few days so he couldn't have read much.

Anyway, sorry again.

Old 10-24-2007, 08:16 AM
ron333
Captain

I didn't actually read on this thread when it was going "south", but I did read it in the beginning. I don't know exactly what was said by ChevyGuy, but I can say that there are people that aren't happy unless they're griping about something. It would be a shame if people started feeling like they couldn't tell others what they've done to their rides and what they have experienced like you have. You weren't trying to mislead or trick people into doing something. You were only trying to give real world experience on something you had done that you were happy with and wanted to share it with others. The sharing of experiences has been exactly why I read this forum, and from what I understand, is why the forum exists. I hope this incident doesn't stop you, or anyone, from sharing something with the rest of us.

Old 10-24-2007, 10:14 AM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned

Thank You guys all for being cool about this, I know it's guys like you that make it fun to look forward to getting home and posting something on the forum beause you guys always insert good advice and insight, along with experience to the forum. Once again, thanks guys. It's too bad somebody like Chevy wanted to ruin a good thread, hopefully at some point he will realize what he did was completely out there, and maybe when he is ready to join the forum again with a positive outlook, we can embrace what he says.. Thanks guys!

Old 10-24-2007, 11:48 AM
IndyRamMan
Champion

ORIGINAL: motorbrreath

i feel the same way man, its all good. Youngins like us (im 20) with nice trucks just **** people off so they have to start ****. I paied for mine and all the mods done to it as well. Hes just mad cause his equipment is small. Thats why he drives a chevy.
lol, +1

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

I guess I have to admit I am a little dissapointed with how the discussion regarding the "gutted cat" went. I think some people get a tad bit too involved sometimes, and take things way too literal. If people had actually read the first post, they wouldn't have completely misconstrued what I said in the first place. It wasn't like I was sitting there and was saying "Oh Yes, gutted cat gave me 30 h/p!". It definately wasn't anytihng insane, but it definately was something that changed my vehicle from losing a truck length to my brothers f-350, to beating HIM by a truck length everytime. Call me crazy, but I think that is pretty damn impressive. Also, the "hi-flow" cat I had on there before wasn't anything nuts, it was just a magnaflow cat that I bought for $85, and yes, they are still RESTRICTIVE. There is a good reason why my exhaust is way louder than it was before, because the cat has been gutted, simple. Also, I don't remember when listing things you have done to your truck in your signature that weren't performance related was a crime. ChevyGuy, you are truly ignornant. I have had this truck for less than 3 months, why would I have fricken cams in my truck already? I have already done mroe to this this truck in 2 1/2 months, then most people will ever do to their truck. There is no doubt in my mind that I have one of the best looking Dodges out there, and perhaps maybe it rubbed you off wrong... All I know, is that there is no reason to come onto a forum and just bash someone. Keep in mind bub that I am just 18 years old, thats right, and I own one of the sickest dodge rams out there, and thats no mistake, because i bust my *** in customizing and making my truck stick out from the crowd. There are tons of ppl are on this forum that do the same as well. So I hope you are proud you ruined a good conversation. I'd really like to see what you have done to your car...what its a 69 right? You've had 38 years to ****ing mod your car, Ive had my truck for less than 3 months and I'm already close to headers and intake system buddy.

To make a final point, let me wrap up what the point of this discussion was supposed to be about.

1.) Gutted Cat made the truck louder
2.) Gutted cat added noticable gain in h/p

Nothing more to it than that. I never said the gutted cat made it so it could peel out, ever. It has always been able to chirp the 35" tires before the cat was gutted. Also, I never said it was like some cobra mustang where it looks like it is sliding on ice trying to get traction. All I knw is that most trucks won't even chirp a tire when they floor it, and this truck DOES, and it has just an exhaust..

hmm
na man, i gotcha. I wasnt sure if you were saying it made your truck feel "like some cobra mustang where it looks like it is sliding on ice trying to get traction" I was just trying to figgure out what just didnt match up in my book, and help you feel better about doing burnouts

Either way, pritty cool. Any free performance is FTW!

Quick Reply: Pretty DISSAPOINTED..