DodgeForum.com

DodgeForum.com (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/)
-   2nd Gen Ram Tech (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech-64/)
-   -   *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start) (https://dodgeforum.com/forum/2nd-gen-ram-tech/144674-post-header-install-symptoms-fresh-start.html)

hometheaterman 01-31-2008 06:51 PM

RE: *Post Header Install/Symptoms* (Fresh Start)

He said earlier that it wasn't the same.

Cereal Killer 01-31-2008 06:58 PM

blame him for it anyway. Tell the cops this dude messed your truck all up by putting a gutted catalytic converter on it when he put your headers on and he must have stolen your real one, and the gutted cat is screwing your 02 readings up. Your truck is running like crap. That's evidence.

See how far honey gets you though before you start busting out the vinegar.

05DodgeRamHemi 01-31-2008 10:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Cereal Killer

See how far honey gets you though before you start busting out the vinegar.
And I think that's the final say with this whole ordeal. You couldn't put it any better than that. When he finishes the truck, and if it runs like **** still, let the vinegar party begin!

hometheaterman 01-31-2008 10:19 PM

When is it supposed to be done?

05DodgeRamHemi 01-31-2008 11:02 PM

Probably tomorrow. I'll call him around 2 tomorrow. He had all day Thursday to work on it, so I'm expecting him to be finished with it mid afternoon tomorrow. I'll be ripped if he takes the truck into Monday because they aren't open during the weekened. Then again, I am not going to push to have it back if it's not running right either, so I'll give him as much times as its needed. I do not want to have to ever return there again..

aim4squirrels 01-31-2008 11:07 PM

ORIGINAL: xskylinedx

Got my O2 sim in today. Couldn't freakn' believe the instructions tell you to cut the plug off the truck and splice the unit it. Not this guy, ain't gonna happen that way. So I went ahead and took my old rear sensor wiring plug apart. Then I installed it onto the bare wires from the O2 sim box. Now if I ever change my set up I just unplug it like it was a stock unit, so far it seems to work great.AND NO SPLICING

I dont disagree that your method is probably smarter, but I spliced my fastman sim in 3 months ago and haven't had an ssue yet. Just another side of the argument to throw in there.

lastrights 02-01-2008 12:21 AM

ya i wouldent push him, give him some time too let him think over evreything so he can find his mistake.and fix it

xskylinedx 02-01-2008 08:30 AM

ORIGINAL: 20DodgeNeon00

Sounds sweet man. Skyline, how did your truck run prior to the rear sim, in other words, did you ever experience your truck going through the bullcrap it did? Did you ever splice your wires, or did you just never plug your rear o2 in? Or did you have it plugged in still?
No I didn't experience any of the bullcrap you did. It ran well it just didn't seemto be 'there' yet,if that makes any sense. I never spliced the wires, I left the unit unplugged because the system will run better with a neutral value rather than a false signal.

ORIGINAL: aim4squirrels

I dont disagree that your method is probably smarter, but I spliced my fastman sim in 3 months ago and haven't had an ssue yet. Just another side of the argument to throw in there.
From what I've understood about the whole thing you may nothave an issue yet. As I understand it it will take time for the connection to degrade leading to a poor signal down the road that may not throw a 'check light'. That over time the degraded signal will not allow the truck to run optimally.

Then again sometimes I just feel like a blind man banging his cane around trying to find the path. [8D]

05DodgeRamHemi 02-01-2008 10:53 AM

WTF?![:@] I just called the mechanic to see if the truck was finished yet, and he said it was running great. Then I asked him how much I owed him, and I was expecting maybe $100 tops for his labor. He had the nerve to say $337!!! I paid him $390 for the job originally, and then I paid him $190 for putting the cat back after the y-pipe! This was all **** he ****ed up in the first place, and he's trying to charge me for **** he could have had right. The only reason it was brought back down to him two more times was because of his original errors when he was doing the job! I'm going down there after class today, and I refuse to pay that much. I'm not giving this guy ****ing $550 extra more dollars after the HEADER JOB ITSELF! And I already paid that other ****ing shop $330 for the tune-up....I'm ripping pissed, anyone who gets in my way right now is going to not like me!!!!!!!!!

kitchenrat1 02-01-2008 11:07 AM

So, I'm waiting here with my popcorn. What was the final problem. There has been alot of speculation on this topic andI'm sure we all are waiting to find out exactly what this jackhole did. How 'bout a heads up. We already knew you were pissed.