2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

HELP! Electrical problems persists

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2008, 01:17 PM
petekf4qoe
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP! Electrical problems persists

Ok I need some more help with my electrical problem. Please see the link below for the full story. Here it is in short, my power windows, mirrors, interior lights, power door locks, stereo (Factory Infinity system, it powers on but no sound) and a bunch of other things quit working recently. I have checked all of the fuses and relays, so please dont suggest that. This happened after I towed our camper.

Ok now on to my latest findings. I had noticed that when I press the remote to unlock the doorlocks I hear a click under the dash. I felt under the dash and found it was coming from a box located just to the left of the OBD-II port. I unplug the power plug from it and tried to remote again and I didnt hear a click. I plugged it back in and it clicked again when I pressed the remote but still the door locks do not work neither do any of the other items. I was wonder if anyone knows what this box is? [:@]

Here is the link from my original posting about this problem.
https://dodgeforum.com/m_1052909/mpa...tm.htm#1071690

Old 01-27-2008, 08:49 PM
petekf4qoe
Rookie
Default RE: HELP! Electrical problems persists

No ideas at all????

Old 01-27-2008, 09:17 PM
dhvaughan
Hall Of Fame
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the box under the dash is most likely the CTM (central timing module). it controls a lot of things. inside is a circuit board with a little speaker on it. its also the chimer thing. on my 01, its to the right of the gas pedal and behind the ashtray. its about 2 x 4 x 1 with a huge wiring harness attached.

it controls all things that have timers, including intermittent wipers, light delays, etc. it is affected by ANY missing or blown fuses, as all those circuits somehow interact. i replaced mine for $119 trying to fix an intermittent wiper problem. my real problem was a $.50 powerd door lock or ower windows fuse [:@] and i don't even have pdl or pw.

check your fuses first. you might try swapping yours with a buddy to see if it fixes it.

Old 02-03-2008, 10:05 PM
petekf4qoe
Rookie

Would you still have you old one? f so I would love to get and see if this fixes my problem. Let me know

Quick Reply: HELP! Electrical problems persists