2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

The difference? 46RE Standard/Performance Transmission ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 12:20 AM
CumminsMan
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How is it going guys? I got one for you. I am in the Marines and currently depolyed right now. I have a 95 ram 2wd shortbed 1500 with a 360 v8. I do not know off the top of my head what trans it has in it. I hate the trans tho. it slips and jerks going in between gears tho. I was told about the bolt on top of it were you can adjust the band on the inside and it should take care of the problem, well i did just like the guy told me at the shop. well last time i was home was in Jan 08, well it was still doing the same thing. I have a buddy back home in MI who owns his own trans shop and tells me that there are no kits to up grade the trans and no replacement for it. Can any one help me? at this point i would would set my truck on fire and roll it down a damn hill and walk away

Old 12-12-2008, 04:32 PM
Eny Ram
Rookie
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

IT'S FIXED.......
Thanks for all advice and posts on this.
Turns out the shaft from the torque converter was out of line causing a leak and wearing away 'the sleeve' and seal. The torque converter was re-aligned and new seals fitted.
The problem with the different size seals was due to the 46RE transmissions having a different size shaft depending on the engine size or light duty/heavy duty trans or torque converter (so I'm told ?).
So now I think I'm right by saying 'I have a standard 46RE transmission which may be the heavier duty version'.
Thanks again and apologies for it dragging on and on and .................

Quick Reply: The difference? 46RE Standard/Performance Transmission ?