2nd Gen Ram Tech 1994-2001 Rams: This section is for TECHNICAL discussions only, that involve the 1994 through 2001 Rams. For any non-tech discussions, please direct your attention to the "General discussion/NON-tech" sub sections.

was watching powerblock on spike

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2008, 04:56 PM
01ram1578
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default was watching powerblock on spike

I was watching I believe it was trucks. They installed some sort of device where you could set to different programs like economy and xtreme and it changed they way your vehicle behaved I think. I was wondering what that product was?

Old 03-02-2008, 05:07 PM
05DodgeRamHemi
Banned
Default RE: was watching powerblock on spike

Haha was watching that too this morning. Didn't they do it on an '07 Chevy Avalanche? Believe the programmer was from Edge, if this is what you are referring too. I've been looking for something like this, but everyone says that I have "too many mods" for their programmers and that I need to get a flasher. To me, this is annoying because in the scheme of things, I don't have really anything to custom done to the truck besides exhaust mods. I just want something that will give me extra horsepower and acknowledge everything done to the truck. There is no way I'm paying $600+ on a fricken flasher, and I sure as hell am not bringing a 4x4 truck into a damn dyno, that's just overkill. I'm going to call them tomorrow and see if it's something that will work for our dodges, it's a worth a shot. But most of these programmers seem to only be designed for people with stock vehicles or just an intake and exhaust, which really isn't too much of an expansion..

Old 03-02-2008, 05:38 PM
Ram2K1
Record Breaker
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Edge only makes products for the diesels and new Hemis I believe. That is crap that they say you have too many mods for the programmer. The programmer works on the pcm, which mods do not change. You can have your heads p&p, fastman, etc, and it doesn't reprogram your pcm (it will adjust though over time). You would still see a difference with the programmer...

01ram1578,

The best two handhelds out there for the Ramare the Hypertech and the Superchips, both around $300 unless you catch someone selling one used. Other than that, you can send your pcm for an actual flash at B&G for a little over $300...or get the SCT tune...which will cost about $600.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:13 PM
ICEMAN_CH
All Star

You can tell a differnce with a progamer on a moded truck. In fact small mods like exhaust are recommended for a hypertech.

Old 03-02-2008, 07:40 PM
aim4squirrels
Legend
Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You could do the same thing with an SCT tuner from B&G chrysler as they have a "fuel miser" flash, and you could also get one for towing and performance, all on the same flasher unit.

Old 03-02-2008, 08:24 PM
Tarner
Professional

http://www.edgeproducts.com/

I didn't see anything for our gassers though.

Quick Reply: was watching powerblock on spike